Forbidden Stars» Forums » General

Subject: Amazon packaging :) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ace hawkster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Just received my copy from Amazon, glad to say it did arrive all in one piece. But is this how amazon now sends out board games ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wrong title. Should have been Amazon sans packaging. That's crazy! Was it a 3rd party seller?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
ASL ... yes, this is my Desert Island Game. If I have to give up all my 3000+ games and only allowed to keep one, this would be it. This bloody game stood the test of time. Around for more than 25 years - simply the best.
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmb
There's a button on the order page where you can ask for a cardboard wrap meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
acehawkster1973 wrote:

Just received my copy from Amazon, glad to say it did arrive all in one piece. But is this how amazon now sends out board games ?

Ace - you are lucky that this did not go "missing" en route. That is a crazy way to send an expensive game. Ye Gods !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ace hawkster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Wrong title. Should have been Amazon sans packaging. That's crazy! Was it a 3rd party seller?

Nope that was amazon prime
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ace hawkster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
There's a button on the order page where you can ask for a cardboard wrap meeple

I'll have a look for that on future orders, I've never had to do it before to be honest I've always had miles too much packaging, but this was definitely the least I've ever seen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smales
United States
Rome
New York
flag msg tools
Colonel Peter Gansevoort (1749 – 1812) Defender of Ft. Stanwix 1777
mbmbmbmbmb
GULP. gulp
Had to look twice at this one. . .
Now I've seen everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
acehawkster1973 wrote:
senorcoo wrote:
That's crazy! Was it a 3rd party seller?

Definitely from Amazon, though? Amazon themselves aren't showing as having any stock ("Usually delivered within 2-4 weeks" means "waiting on the distributor") and haven't for a couple of weeks, but there's several third-party sellers selling through Prime, fulfilled by Amazon. As I understand it, if a third-party seller sells fulfilled by Amazon they can choose how the packages get sent out, whether they need external packaging and so on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dorcich
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can leave packaging feedback on your orders to help make sure this doesn't happen again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ace hawkster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bichatse wrote:
acehawkster1973 wrote:
senorcoo wrote:
That's crazy! Was it a 3rd party seller?

Definitely from Amazon, though? Amazon themselves aren't showing as having any stock ("Usually delivered within 2-4 weeks" means "waiting on the distributor") and haven't for a couple of weeks, but there's several third-party sellers selling through Prime, fulfilled by Amazon. As I understand it, if a third-party seller sells fulfilled by Amazon they can choose how the packages get sent out, whether they need external packaging and so on...

No it was definitely amazon
I did leave scathing packaging feedback, and they did refund me 20 per cent of order value so all's good for me, just thought id put this out there as a warning to others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah P.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow.... I'm glad it arrived playable and not very damaged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kendl
United States
Hartford
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't look like you're alone.

Looks like some Amazon orders ship without boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Cole
United Kingdom
Cottenham
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
I had the exact same thing. It was a miracle the game arrived undamaged. Seems like Amazon is REALLY trying to cut costs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelvin Green
United Kingdom
Brighton
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, mine arrived in the same "packaging" from Amazon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Podsiadło
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do admire the fact that you're so calm, that you even put a smile in the title.
I'd be willing to kill someone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about in Poland, but here in the USA, that's the kind of thing that goes on your record and follows you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Bailey
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I saw this thread, I had just placed an order from Amazon for this game a week or so ago,

I contacted customer service and mentioned this post and asked them to mark my order to be included in an Amazon box. I received notice the next day from a nice customer service rep that he had made sure my order would ship in an Amazon box. I got it yesterday and it was fine.

Thanks for the heads up on this, I'm sorry about what happened to your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Williams
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, I guess the "trick" is to order something else with it, like a pack of gum, so they have to put it all in a box (or maybe they will send the gum separately in a box). shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Miller
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I just ordered FS - and I am looking for that button and not seeing it... Can anyone help point me in the right direction? I could hate to see this on my doorstep...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
galaxybear wrote:

I just ordered FS - and I am looking for that button and not seeing it... Can anyone help point me in the right direction? I could hate to see this on my doorstep...

On this step:

Click the button pointed at with the big red arrow, and you'll see this popup:

Tick the box for the items you want to be sent in an Amazon box.

If you don't see the "Send in Amazon Box" button, then you're probably already going to get your thing sent in a box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Miller
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thank you so much, this button does not show up for me. But I contacted Amazon and they dissuaded my fears

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Forsberg
United States
South Bend
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw this thread this morning, and immediately called up Amazon to check on my order (got one of the last copies for $62 the other day). It hadn't shipped yet, and they assured me that they would get it in a box. So thank you sir, you have done the world a great service this day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.