tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Grant Green - Am I Blue? // Tina Brooks - True Blue // Buddy Guy - Damn Right, I've Got The Blues // Harold Land - West Coast Blues! // Sam McClain - Blues for the Soul // Oliver Nelson - Screamin' the Blues
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BigNel wrote:
Can bombers attack lasers?

I've never played the new version, but in the original bombers could not attack lasers.

rules Page 12 wrote:

LASERS AND CITY MARKERS
Lasers: Lasers are shown on the chart because they are considered military units; but they have no movement capabilities, nor do they come into play during Action 5: Combat.

Note that final phrase.

The only way lasers can be destroyed is described explicitly under DESTROYING A LASER on page 18. It's part of the Action 6 - Second Movement procedure, and happens as a consequence of the invader taking control of the territory where the laser was located.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm under the impression that it's the same in the new version, as lasers are not part of any of the "unit" (foot, mechanized, air) classes, and the chart on p15 specifies units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lasers can only be destroyed if Invader GROUND units move into a city occupied by a Laser.

There is however a card for the Eastern invader that allows ONE bomber unit to directly attack a Laser within range and possibly take it out (roll a 6 or higher on D10).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.