Subject: When do i resolve a building with a [$] icon? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Flores
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
I know buildings with a [!] icon are resolved immediately. Buildings with an hourglass icon are resolved during the resolution phase. But when exactly do i resolve a [$] building that is on my porch with one of my placed workers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusty C
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is the Buy phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Flores
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Ahh! Thank you. Either too much or not enough coffee while i was trying to figure that out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusty C
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a lot to take in all at once, but once you get it down, it really picks up speed and go pretty quick. My first solo play through, I was checking the rule book constantly, because I wasn't only learning the basic game, I also had to pay attention to the changes due to the automated player. My second game was considerably faster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After the Poker phase is done and building purchases begins, you first resolve all [$] on spaces you went to before you buy your building. You'll usually get some kind of discount or bonus for the purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
McDonough
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Xhawk wrote:
After the Poker phase is done and building purchases begins, you first resolve all [$] on spaces you went to before you buy your building. You'll usually get some kind of discount or bonus for the purchase.

We played it slightly different in that we understood that the [$] could be resolved anytime during the buy phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darla Truitt
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I was told that because I lost on the poker phase that I was not able to resolve the building meeple with the [$] icon. Is that accurate? Not my game so cannot remember the exact card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mel Primus
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is incorrect. Only if you see the "pile of chips" icon must you win the poker hand.

You do have to be standing though to get the building effects. You could still buy the building there if wounded, but you couldn't get the bonus from the porch's building ($) effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

sjliver wrote:
Xhawk wrote:

We played it slightly different in that we understood that the [$] could be resolved anytime during the buy phase.

It'd be nice if card resolution was an actual step in the rules for both the Resolution and Buy phases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sjliver wrote:
Xhawk wrote:

Looking at the buildings, all of their abilities give a bonus deteremined by the first building you buy. The exception being the post office, which benefits the buy order. I don't see any reason to resolve these any other time but at the start of the phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.