Hide
2 Posts

Above and Below» Forums » Rules

Subject: Which "resources" are unlimited? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Werner
msg tools
(Pet peeve of mine that this is not spelled out explicitly, but...)

The game comes with 20 potions, 10 ciders, 12/12/12/10/10/10/8/7 of each good, 7 dice, and a bunch of coins.

Are any of those "unlimited", ie, if you run out, you just use pennies from outside the game?

Does a limit of 7 dice mean you can only send 7 people exploring?

(My guess is that goods are limited, everything else is not, but that's just a gut feel. And if all 7 amethyst are already owned, and you do some exploring, and are awarded an amethyst, and your entire exploration is wasted, that would be a MASSIVELY feel-bad moment, given how random it was.)

Anyone know the official answer? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Jurney
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmb
I believe Ryan has answered this as saying yes the resources are finite. I have never experienced a game where we ran out of a resource and needed another one though, especially amethyst. The dice are also finite and I'm not sure why you would need to (or want to for that matter) send more than 7 people exploring as it would be a huge waste when you can split the party up and get more rewards. Also, if you have that many people it's probably a good idea to use 1-2 to recruit every round and go for the building with the bonus for people you have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.