Hide
5 Posts

Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle» Forums » Rules

Subject: Choices when stunned rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Buchanan
msg tools
When a Dark Art/Villain offers a choice of losing health or some other effect, can you choose to lose health when you are stunned (thereby not actually losing health)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wolf
United States
Carlsbad
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
NinjaGigolo wrote:
When a Dark Art/Villain offers a choice of losing health or some other effect, can you choose to lose health when you are stunned (thereby not actually losing health)?

Unfortunately, no, since the rules for being Stunned include not being able to gain or lose any additional Health for that turn. Since you can't lose Health, you must choose the other option. No one ever said this was going to be easy!

Andrew Wolf
Game Designer - USAopoly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Griffin
United States
East Fallowfield
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What if you are stunned but also don't have the specific card type required to discard? Does nothing happen in this instance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Krajewski
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GamerMouse wrote:
What if you are stunned but also don't have the specific card type required to discard? Does nothing happen in this instance?

Nothing happens.

The rule is essentially you do everything you can possibly do. If you can't follow either instruction, then nothing happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Funk

Ohio
msg tools
nethershadow wrote:
NinjaGigolo wrote:

Unfortunately, no, since the rules for being Stunned include not being able to gain or lose any additional Health for that turn. Since you can't lose Health, you must choose the other option. No one ever said this was going to be easy!

Andrew Wolf
Game Designer - USAopoly

Can we sticky this? I think coming from a magic background I have a certain way of ready cards to make sure things are resolved in order. I had been making the choice to lose 2 hearts, and then when applying the -2 life points to someone stunned nothing happens. I need a supplemental rule booklet for nuances like this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.