7 Wonders Duel» Forums » Rules

Subject: Neither player has any money AGE 1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
GT Games
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
My wife am I just got 7 wonders duel. WE have 7 wonders so we are pretty familiar with the games concept. However we tried playing 7 wonders duel twice. Both times we ran out of money very early in AGE 1 and did not have enough resources or money to buy any of the accessible cards. We started with 7 coins and no resources per the instructions. Either I missed something or we just started out with some hard to obtain cards. Or there is something else we can do if we cannot buy a card???

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Roskam
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can grab any available card and turn it in for money. You get 2+ the number of yellow cards you have acquired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Clark
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
You can sell a card from the tableau to get money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools

Hi there

Page 10: You can discard a card from the display for 2 coins plus 1 extra coin for every yellow card in your city.

Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GT Games
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
OK great we thought you had to buy the card then discard it!! Thanks!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the correct answer was, "you missed something."

Not trying to be a jerk, but just alerting you...

For the record, the rules are very thorough. I've yet to see a rules question posted that did not have the answer already contained in the rules. It might not be where you expect to find it, but it's always been there somewhere... and it's not like there are 32 pages or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kduke wrote:
For the record, the rules are very thorough. I've yet to see a rules question posted that did not have the answer already contained in the rules. It might not be where you expect to find it, but it's always been there somewhere... and it's not like there are 32 pages or something.

Oh man, I'm so glad you posted that in this thread, for the record, or it might not have been recorded anywhere at all. What a relief.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
I don't know how I messed this up, but for some reason we were playing where a discard was 3 points. Oops..

Luckily, only a few games in. Thanks for the thread to set us straight too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GT Games
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
kduke wrote:
So the correct answer was, "you missed something."

Not trying to be a jerk, but just alerting you...

Clearly I missed something or I would not have asked the question. In fact I stated that in my OP.
I thought that was at least one purpose of the forums, in case you miss something you can ask for help. Thanks for alerting me of something I already knew - that I missed something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.