Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Lane
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mb
Quick question:

Can a unit in Full Cover use Crawling to enter a Bridge, Ford or Stream hex and maintain their Full Cover status?

We think we know the answer but wanted to check,

Many thanks,

Martin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadir Elfarra
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mzen wrote:
Quick question:

Can a unit in Full Cover use Crawling to enter a Bridge, Ford or Stream hex and maintain their Full Cover status?

We think we know the answer but wanted to check,

Many thanks,

Martin.

Since they can't be in Full Cover in those hex-types, I would say the answer is 'no'. I'm reading the MBT rules (which should be the same as the Panzer rules) and they state in 6.1.4.2 "They may not enter Full Cover in Bridge, Ford or Stream hexes."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
6.1.4.2 Full Cover has the same verbiage as the MBT rules (may not enter Full Cover in Bridge, Ford or Stream hexes). Note that 6.6.4.3 says they may move 1 hex while maintaining their Full Cover status, but 6.1.4.2 says they cannot enter, not that they are not allowed to maintain it. I would not be surprised if Jim Day clarified that they may not do the crawl and must break Full Cover in the preceding Adjustment Phase in order for them to move into a Bridge, Ford or Stream hex.

I could not see anything in the either FAQ sheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Lane
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mb
Yes Brent those two rule quotes are the source of the doubt that we have...

Additionally, you say that units have to have broken cover in the previous Adjust Full Cover phase to move without Crawling....I'd always assumed that the sentence in 6.6.4.3 that says '(units)in Full Cover may move 1 hex while maintaining Full Cover' simply meant that moving normally (or Quickmarching) would mean that they didn't maintain Full Cover rather than meaning that, since they were in Full Cover, their movement was limited to Crawling....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't enter non-full cover type hexes when crawling.

You also can't break from "Full Cover" by just placing a Move or Short Halt command and moving normally. The only time it's changed is during the Adjustment Step. Section 6.1.4.2 Full Cover, states, "The Full Cover status selected during the Adjust Full Cover Step determines a unit’s status for the next turn."

There's nothing in that section that states that you can break from full cover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Lane
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the clarification Jim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.