GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 100.06

6,344 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
40% of Goal | left

Support:

Bård Holst
msg tools
mb
Usually by round 4-5 the board has about five level 3 raiders and the same amount of level 2's. I get one Surge every round after round 2 due to the "Black carrier" spawning effect. This also puts an Event into play which cripples me completely as I need to use the combat tokens to remove one of them.
As you can only get 1 Combat token per round, either through combat or "regroup", this completely halts any progress with the colony ship as all combat tokens need to be used to get rid of Events each round instead of moving the colony ship!?

Anyone beat this scenario?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantine Kevorque
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
How many players are you playing with? The strategy greatly depends on the number of players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
msg tools
mb
constantinekevorque wrote:
How many players are you playing with? The strategy greatly depends on the number of players.

I have played it by myself using two player mats. So I have 2 Bosses in play; the one that detracts 1 from movement and the one that spawns and moves raiders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantine Kevorque
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
In this scenario one of your ships needs to move forward towards the Black Carrier so that it can do "crowd controlling".

The best strategy to do crowd control is to prepare that armada by increasing the combat and aiming to acquire the "X-Trooper" special unit. This unit will allow you to actually kill 2 Raiders each round, effectively allowing you to gain more Astartium, get upgrades faster and control the flow of Raiders.

To accomplish that in the best way you need to start by first adding the "Scrapyard" Power Up to your armada. This will allow you to gain more Astartium since you will be doing the main "killing" in this Scenario.

Personally I will pick a Commander that gives a Research Lab upgrade and I would start with "Scrapyard" and "Astral Guardian" as the first two power ups. These will allow the armada to gain more Astartium from killing while at the same time repair damage. From then on I would only upgrade Starport until I got the "X-Trooper".

This scenario requires a lot of Fighting, so you should try and build "Combat Oriented" armadas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
msg tools
mb
constantinekevorque wrote:
In this scenario one of your ships needs to move forward towards the Black Carrier so that it can do "crowd controlling".

The best strategy to do crowd control is to prepare that armada by increasing the combat and aiming to acquire the "X-Trooper" special unit. This unit will allow you to actually kill 2 Raiders each round, effectively allowing you to gain more Astartium, get upgrades faster and control the flow of Raiders.

To accomplish that in the best way you need to start by first adding the "Scrapyard" Power Up to your armada. This will allow you to gain more Astartium since you will be doing the main "killing" in this Scenario.

Personally I will pick a Commander that gives a Research Lab upgrade and I would start with "Scrapyard" and "Astral Guardian" as the first two power ups. These will allow the armada to gain more Astartium from killing while at the same time repair damage. From then on I would only upgrade Starport until I got the "X-Trooper".

This scenario requires a lot of Fighting, so you should try and build "Combat Oriented" armadas.

Thanks, will have to give it a new go and try out your suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.