Subject: Overlord as a Watchtower card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juri P
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
I have a question.
Let's assume "Watchtower" is one of the cards in the supply. My opponent plays "Witch" and I have "Overlord" in my hand. Can I tell him that my "Overloard" is a reaction card ("Watchtower") and trash his curse? So then when it's my turn I will continue playing "Overlord" as "Watchtower".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Weaver
United States
Denver
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. You don't "play" a Watchtower as a reaction, you REVEAL it. And Overlord is still Overlord until you play it. So this won't work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This question previously came up with Band of Misfits, and the answer was the same then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More correctly: Overlord is not a reaction card, therefore you may not reveal it. Outside your turn, Overlord is as good as a Curse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
Picon wrote:
Outside your turn, Overlord is as good as a Curse.

I understand the sentiment, but this is a technical discussion. I would much rather have a curse in my hand than an Overlord if a Mountebank were played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juri P
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
Thank you all for your replies, I appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.