J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
What wargame or wargames have you just obtained? Please post your wargames that are newly in-hand.

That is...

HOLD OFF UNTIL THEY ARE PHYSICALLY IN YOUR POSSESSION.

Hope your mailbox isn't full of rocks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Pearson
England
Leicester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Filling in a few more GBoH gaps, been looking for WG for a while now.

Only thing is it's 1st Ed, so the Living Rules break it as you can't get the updated player aids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etien
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same order. Both games were supposedly new/mint condition. The Chosin Few was shrink-wrapped.

Kircholm 1605
- the magzine was missing the game
- this is the 3rd time this has happened to me
- I now have 3 mags and no game as of yet

The Chosin Few
- missing the 20 cubes representing the Chinese forces

Now the lawnmower won't start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
smic wrote:
Same order. Both games were supposedly new/mint condition. The Chosin Few was shrink-wrapped.

Kircholm 1605
- the magzine was missing the game
- this is the 3rd time this has happened to me
- I now have 3 mags and no game as of yet

The Chosin Few
- missing the 20 cubes representing the Chinese forces

Now the lawnmower won't start.

If you have some Euros sitting around, I can give you the cube count for each color. Drop me a Geekmail if you need it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb

I used to own this game. I heard from many Geekbuddies that the rulebook sucks and that put it near the bottom of the unplayed list. Then before I got to it, I started seeing reports that it was broken and when I studied why, it made perfect sense (the combat system is based on Hannibal: RvC, which I know well), and I dumped the game in a fire sale.

Since then, the designer has apparently addressed the issues. And after I played Festung Europa, I remembered how much I love CDGs, and it drew me back. I'm really hoping it is solid, because right now, I am feeling like this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
East Windsor
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason, my ACW fever has flared up again; I can't explain it - maybe it's the MMP pre-order announcement for upcoming volumes of GCACW?

In any case, I ordered and just received this:

That now makes THREE different games on the same battle in my collection:

Stonewall's Sword: The Battle of Cedar Mountain
Cedar Mountain: Prelude to Bull Run, August 9, 1862
Twin Peaks

I quickly clipped the new game and set it up, and started working through the rules. I'm so used to facing being a part of regimental-level games, that I was initially thrown off by its absence!

If I find this game to my liking - and all indications are that I will - then Thunder in the Ozarks will be pre-ordered...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Harper
United States
National City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This just came in today (1st October):

And this arrived on 7th October:

And this on 8th October. Another issue full of interesting articles. My most favorite war game magazine at this time

This came in on the last day of October. Happy Halloween!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt
United States
Durango
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hoped/knew Putin Strikes: The Coming War for Eastern Europe would be at the mailbox this afternoon, but went to the movies (Sully, great movie BTW) with my wife anyway.

Reading rules now and wondering if I should save clipping counters for football tomorrow, or just plunge ahead. Really looking forward to giving this a try
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgenii
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blockhead wrote:
I hoped/knew Putin Strikes: The Coming War for Eastern Europe would be at the mailbox this afternoon, but went to the movies (Sully, great movie BTW) with my wife anyway.

Reading rules now and wondering if I should save clipping counters for football tomorrow, or just plunge ahead. Really looking forward to giving this a try

I'm done with OSS. I pre-ordered this game in January (I think I was among first 5 people who supported it) because I was that excited. In 9 months, my credit card got changed so my payment was declined. I e-mailed them a week ago following their instructions on how to pay... One of their instructions was to re-order the game again from their website. But I can order it now only using MSRP. F that. And my card still hasn't been charged. Clearly, they just don't want my money. It doesn't make any sense to me, but, fortunately, so many games around to choose from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zigi Hogan
United States
The Ozarks
Missouri
flag msg tools
What's it going to be then, eh?
mbmbmbmbmb

Not exactly a wargame but still a very welcome addition. I got the Waffen-SS pack of precision dice made by Battle School for Advanced Squad Leader. These are some of the nicest dice I have ever seen; they make the Game Science dice look like a mud fence! I need to get the U.S. D-Day set next (which are white ones) so I actually have sets of white/colored instead of just one white that came with this set.

I must say if you are interested I cannot recommend Ritter Krieg any higher; I contacted Derek to make sure he had them in stock and had them four days later in the post!

Put this in the wrong thread earlier!shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul miles
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

No, wait---

I'm so confused!

(A-Mob looks really good.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
junkers doll
msg tools
You're going to glue googly eyes to your Agricola and tribal leader counters, aren't you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mb
airjudden wrote:

I used to own this game. I heard from many Geekbuddies that the rulebook sucks and that put it near the bottom of the unplayed list. Then before I got to it, I started seeing reports that it was broken and when I studied why, it made perfect sense (the combat system is based on Hannibal: RvC, which I know well), and I dumped the game in a fire sale.

Since then, the designer has apparently addressed the issues. And after I played Festung Europa, I remembered how much I love CDGs, and it drew me back. I'm really hoping it is solid, because right now, I am feeling like this:

War Diary Magazine Vol 2 No 1 has an article by the designer containing consolidated rule errata/clarifications, variants, and player aids. It's only $8 for the issue (and it's a great magazine overall, so well worth it, IMO).

http://wardiarymagazine.com/single-issues.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Richardson
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Off to Spain this month for some Napoleonic battles...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ER Bickford
United States
Auburn
flag msg tools
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Los Ranchos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Recon...by Fire: Issue 4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alonso Alvarez
Mexico
MTY NL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the best produced Field Commander games from DVG.

This might not be a wargame but the subject sounds interesting:

Waiting for Labyrinth: The Awakening, 2010 – ?, and probably 1846 will also be shipped this month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Church
United Kingdom
London
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Just got Festung Europa and looking forward to giving it a go Thursday evening with Andy. Rules look nicely streamlined and the map and counters very pretty (especially once clipped).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Richardson
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Aldous wrote:
Just got Festung Europa and looking forward to giving it a go Thursday evening with Andy. Rules look nicely streamlined and the map and counters very pretty (especially once clipped).

The Festung Europa map pretty? Really? I think its one of the worst maps I have ever seen. When I saw it I thought it was the playtest map. Guess it's a subjective thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colonel Williamson

Princeton
Illinois
msg tools
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. Aristotle
mbmbmbmbmb
essayons7 wrote:
For some reason, my ACW fever has flared up again; I can't explain it - maybe it's the MMP pre-order announcement for upcoming volumes of GCACW?

In any case, I ordered and just received this:

That now makes THREE different games on the same battle in my collection:

Stonewall's Sword: The Battle of Cedar Mountain
Cedar Mountain: Prelude to Bull Run, August 9, 1862
Twin Peaks

I quickly clipped the new game and set it up, and started working through the rules. I'm so used to facing being a part of regimental-level games, that I was initially thrown off by its absence!

If I find this game to my liking - and all indications are that I will - then Thunder in the Ozarks will be pre-ordered...

Yes, I have these three games too and am looking at Thunder as well...which would give me a few games on Pea Ridge....

Now on for this list on Friday (which I suppose should be technically on the September list) I received a copy of
Frontline: D-Day

from right here on the geek, sleeved and ready to play!!!!

And then yesterday after a VERY Short time from when I ordered it
Agricola, Master of Britain

arrived...........
M
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lopez
Luxembourg
Hesperange
Outside the U.S./Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Now to find a group to play it with....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory McAllister
Ireland
Derry
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in a small apartment, so I'm a sucker for small wargames that can be played in an afternoon. This is the latest one I got:

The fact that it is on a topic that hasn't already been done to death is icing on the cake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean T
United States
Tucson
AZ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Sekigahara arrived Saturday. Looking forward to giving it a try. I also picked up...

Hey, it has Hogwarts Battle in the title!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

P500 reprint just arrived!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Harris
msg tools
Picked up the GMT game Monmouth. struggled a bit with the rules at first, but am beginning to understand (I think), and am having fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.