Hide
6 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: In-app purchases rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Suntman Mike
msg tools
The forthcoming Descent update will introduce in-app purchases. I think that will be the model for MoM second edition. I smell new scenarios in the pipe.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/9/30/delving...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
I don't think they will be saying this about the Mansions scenarios though:
Quote:
Now, prepare to enter a world of infinite permutations and unlimited replayability with The Delve for Road to Legend.

The price is going to be the key issue for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
High Flying Bird wrote:
The price is going to be the key issue for me.

I'm honestly more concerned about a unified account system. I just don't trust Apple's eco system enough and may have to switch to using the Steam version if there won't be one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
I don't have a tablet. Every time I've played I've used the tablet from the friend whose house I happened to be at. I hope that this won't be a problem for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McKinney
United States
Kingsville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Going to have to use Steam if they go that route. I still would rather have additional scenarios be tied to physical purchase though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
steven1mac wrote:
Going to have to use Steam if they go that route. I still would rather have additional scenarios be tied to physical purchase though.

I think both would be good. In app purchases will generally be cheaper and will expand content for what we already own. Scenarios tied to physical purchases will be custom made to make use of that physical content.

Different people will prefer the different approaches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.