46.6% of Goal | left

Support:

jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally found something Hillary and I agree on, most of the Bern-outs are basement dwelling idiots. Good stuff !

Also, looks like Obama id not really save the economy as she calls it a "Great Recession".

Quote:
"A leaked audio recording of Hillary Clinton at a February fundraiser shows the Democratic presidential candidate had once painted a wide swath of Bernie Sanders supporters as idealists “new to politics completely” who are “living in their parents’ basement” -- though she stressed at the time the need to understand their frustrations with the economy.
“They’re children of the Great Recession. And they are living in their parents’ basement,” Clinton says in the audio clip, first published by the Washington Free Beacon earlier this week. “They feel that they got their education and the jobs that are available to them are not at all what they envisioned for themselves. And they don’t see much of a future."

www.cbsnews.com/news/hillary-clinton-comments-on-bernie-sand...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
You, instead, 'reside' within a nearby abandoned 'belfry' amongst similar "flying mammals" awaiting forlornly the 'SIGNAL'!
sauron
arrrh-Col.Batguano Cray-Cray~oafixuchus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Lundeen
United States
Carrollton
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
I finally found something Hillary and I agree on, most of the Bern-outs are basement dwelling idiots. Good stuff !

Also, looks like Obama id not really save the economy as she calls it a "Great Recession".

First of all- are you denying that the economic downturn that began at the end of Bush's 2nd term was a "great recession", or are you denying that it is now over?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:

First, she did NOT call them idiots. If you bothered to read the entire passage, it was a very sympathetic acknowledgement of the problems young people have faced in the economy since the great financial meltdown during the Bush administration.

And if you read all the way to the end - it wasn't that long, so not that hard to do - she concluded by understanding why these young folks might find political revolution appealing, and said it was GOOD that they were idealistic, and that idealism should be encouraged.

Still agree with her? Probably not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess it's back to BENGHAZI trigger words and EMAILS safe spaces, then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
If you bothered to read the entire passage

Come on. That's less likely than Trump voluntarily paying the taxes he owes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oldies but Goodies ... Avalon Hill and
msg tools
mbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:

First, she did NOT call them idiots. If you bothered to read the entire passage, it was a very sympathetic acknowledgement of the problems young people have faced in the economy since the great financial meltdown during the Bush administration.

And if you read all the way to the end - it wasn't that long, so not that hard to do - she concluded by understanding why these young folks might find political revolution appealing, and said it was GOOD that they were idealistic, and that idealism should be encouraged.

Still agree with her? Probably not.

Another gotcha moment fizzles before igniting, like an old, wet book of matches found in the back of a kitchen drawer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:

Quote:
"A leaked audio recording of Hillary Clinton at a February fundraiser shows the Democratic presidential candidate had once painted a wide swath of Bernie Sanders supporters as idealists “new to politics completely” who are “living in their parents’ basement” -- though she stressed at the time the need to understand their frustrations with the economy.
“They’re children of the Great Recession. And they are living in their parents’ basement,” Clinton says in the audio clip, first published by the Washington Free Beacon earlier this week. “They feel that they got their education and the jobs that are available to them are not at all what they envisioned for themselves. And they don’t see much of a future."

Poor Jeremy... tries to light a match, winds up peeing on it due to excitement.

BENGHAZI!!!!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ignorance is bliss. I really didn't have a full grasp on that until I read this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Cenk's snap impression on this issue. He's one of those millennial's she's talking about.

He goes on to speak about what Clinton said after the text above.

And then about how the system is rigged against the millenial's and in favor of the wealthy and that is why they favor a political revolution from the current status quo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another escaped beating, what do we have to do to rough up a dope anymore?

I do love that he doesn't know how the word great is used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

Cenk's snap impression on this issue. He's one of those millennial's she's talking about.

And then about how the system is rigged against the millenial's and in favor of the wealthy and that is why they favor a political revolution from the current status quo.

online Cenk impression:

Quote:
Does he speak poorly about you basement dwellers, Of course she does.

does she speak poorly about Obamas economy , of course she does, of course of course

Sorry Bernouts, she has a lot of disdain for you plebs , Now get out and vote for her !
https://t.co/sjUY4YRwGy

Also, is the economy in the shitter or did Obama fix it ? Getting some serious mixed messages here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

online Cenk impression:

Quote:

does she speak poorly about Obamas economy , of course she does, of course of course

Sorry Bernouts, she has a lot of disdain for you plebs , Now get out and vote for her !

Also, is the economy in the shitter or did Obama fix it ? Getting some serious mixed messages here.

Oh too bad so sad. No one is paying attention to this latest pathetic "gotcha". The Donald's 916 million dollar loss, and his interesting meltdown over the week culminating in charges of infidelity aimed at Hillary.

The mixed messages seems to be the voices in your head telling you that the events of last week are not important, evidence to the contrary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

Haven't watched however Cenk Uygur isn't a millennial. Wikipedia has him born in 1970. It also says of millennials - "demographers and researchers typically use starting birth years ranging from the late 1970s to early 1980s and ending birth years ranging from the mid-1990s to early 2000s."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:

That's kind of like complaining that the surgeon repaired your broken wrist, but it still hurts, and besides you can't play a piano concerto.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:

Quote:

BENGHAZI!!!!!!!!!

Stop stereotyping Jeremy! "Benghazi!!!"(TM) is conservative Republicans, he's a libertarian.

Triggers:
-Taxes
-Global Warming
-Social Justice
-Addressing systemic racism
-Rape on college campus
-Not starting street fights
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
andyl wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

Haven't watched however Cenk Uygur isn't a millennial. Wikipedia has him born in 1970. It also says of millennials - "demographers and researchers typically use starting birth years ranging from the late 1970s to early 1980s and ending birth years ranging from the mid-1990s to early 2000s."

That wikipedia definition is kind of absurd, I've never heard anywhere else that people born in the '70s were Millennials.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
andyl wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

That wikipedia definition is kind of absurd, I've never heard anywhere else that people born in the '70s were Millennials.

Not their definition. They give examples of companies using the late '70s as the start point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andyl wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

He self identifies as such in the video where he talks about millenials as "we". You'll also note he remains a strong Sanders supporter from the video.

I haven't researched his age.

I'm technically a boomer but I've been eating boomer dust my entire life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
(removed cobert's fisking)

online Cenk impression:

Quote:

So you got nothing and are desperate to avoid mature discussion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
10/₆
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Sometimes, the dark side overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature"
mb
maxo-texas wrote:

He self identifies as such in the video.

Nothing sadder than a Gen-X'er thinking he's one of the Millennials.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Millenials reached adulthood in 2000 is a standard definition.
Cenk was born in 1970. I agree he's missed the mark by about 5 years.

However, he has many younger people on his shows so he may run with a younger crowd as I did (because I played ultimate frisbee until almost 50). If most of his friends are millenials, he might self identify as millennial instead of gen-x. I don't feel like a boomer. I missed gen-x by 3 years and due to ultimate and late college all my friends are gen-x. Tho my girlfriends tend to be a little older than I am.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

He self identifies as such in the video.

Nothing sadder than a Gen-X'er thinking he's one of the Millennials.

Cobert's weak ass arguments in this thread are. Nothing new there though, I guess we're all sort of used to his empty nonexistent "facts".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Millenials reached adulthood in 2000 is a standard definition.
Cenk was born in 1970. I agree he's missed the mark by about 5 years.

However, he has many younger people on his shows so he may run with a younger crowd as I did (because I played ultimate frisbee until almost 50). If most of his friends are millenials, he might self identify as millennial instead of gen-x. I don't feel like a boomer. I missed gen-x by 3 years and due to ultimate and late college all my friends are gen-x. Tho my girlfriends tend to be a little older than I am.

Maybe it varies by region, I've never heard it applied to anyone older than about 30 (which would be mid-80s and later, in HS in at the millenium).

Cenk defining himself that smells of marketing to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
einsteinidahosu wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:

Quote:

BENGHAZI!!!!!!!!!

Stop stereotyping Jeremy! "Benghazi!!!"(TM) is conservative Republicans, he's a libertarian.

Triggers:
-Taxes
-Global Warming
-Social Justice
-Addressing systemic racism
-Rape on college campus
-Not starting street fights

Oh, yeah, forget.... delusion political beliefs. Makes sense.

Show me a successful libertarian candidate and I'll show you a herd of unicorns marching behind them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.