$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 123.59

7,390 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
46.6% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
24 Posts

Techno Bowl: Arcade Football Unplugged» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bengals Hate rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen Herring
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you include all current teams, if I counted correctly, you have 28 of the 32 teams "represented". Why the hate for the Bengals? Bah!

So, I present a future expansion, use it as you will:

Snow Leopards

Representing the past:
Willie Muñoz 30 Team Player, Lockdown

Representing the present
Carlos Atkins 44 Block +1, Blitz

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
59 4 76(!!) 14 7 52
badge
mbmbmb
Jack-O-Lanterns. There are 32 teams, all of which have been previewed and have a distinct thread.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Herring
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lomn wrote:
Jack-O-Lanterns. There are 32 teams, all of which have been previewed and have a distinct thread.


Can you point me to the link? I see the 3 updates that have 8 teams each. Plus I saw the 4 stretch goal teams. Plus, Jack-O-Lanterns...again, I ask, why the hate.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verret
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack-O
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
aleuhe wrote:
Can you point me to the link? I see the 3 updates that have 8 teams each. Plus I saw the 4 stretch goal teams. Plus, Jack-O-Lanterns...again, I ask, why the hate.

No hate! You have:

#55 A. J. Squawk: zone defender
#66 Chad Sesentayseis: spin
#7 A. J. Blellow: catch, shake

People really seem to like the helmets for them!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Paul
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And this thread

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/23426914

Is great for helping with the in jokes.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Bond
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah they're in the game as mentioned already. What's depressing is that I'm still currently the only name in the game player for them (#51)

Munoz would've been nice to see on the roster. I would've been cool to see maybe Sticky Forest (Ickey Woods) or Jambo Creeks (James Brooks) as well.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Herring
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
geobaldi5 wrote:
Munoz would've been nice to see on the roster. I would've been cool to see maybe Sticky Forest (Ickey Woods) or Jambo Creeks (James Brooks) as well.



Disclaimer: I'm going to complain because that is what sports fans do. I'm so interested in this game and appreciate all the work that is going into it. I don't expect any changes to be made at this stage in production.


But, if Mr. Spivey is willing to consider changes and has time....

I understand why Sesentayseis and Blellow are on the team, if you wanted the Jack-O-Lanterns to fill the niche of a receiving team. However, if you were just selecting players to emulate then I think you failed tremendously. How could you possible leave out Munoz, our only Hall of Famer. To fill a role of historically troubled players that play(ed) on the Bengals I would have preferred you using Adam Jones over C. Johnson. Plus, Geno Atkins is one of the most dominating NT in the game right now.

That all being said, my biggest complaint, and the one that really irritates me as a Bengal's fan, is that you put AJ Squawk on the team. If he is based on AJ Hawk, you selected a one year free agent pick up that only played second string. He far from represents anything on the Bengals or about them.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aleuhe wrote:
geobaldi5 wrote:
Munoz would've been nice to see on the roster. I would've been cool to see maybe Sticky Forest (Ickey Woods) or Jambo Creeks (James Brooks) as well.



Disclaimer: I'm going to complain because that is what sports fans do. I'm so interested in this game and appreciate all the work that is going into it. I don't expect any changes to be made at this stage in production.


But, if Mr. Spivey is willing to consider changes and has time....

I understand why Sesentayseis and Blellow are on the team, if you wanted the Jack-O-Lanterns to fill the niche of a receiving team. However, if you were just selecting players to emulate then I think you failed tremendously. How could you possible leave out Munoz, our only Hall of Famer. To fill a role of historically troubled players that play(ed) on the Bengals I would have preferred you using Adam Jones over C. Johnson. Plus, Geno Atkins is one of the most dominating NT in the game right now.

That all being said, my biggest complaint, and the one that really irritates me as a Bengal's fan, is that you put AJ Squawk on the team. If he is based on AJ Hawk, you selected a one year free agent pick up that only played second string. He far from represents anything on the Bengals or about them.




We got RGIII for the Engines. No complaining.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
aleuhe wrote:
geobaldi5 wrote:
Munoz would've been nice to see on the roster. I would've been cool to see maybe Sticky Forest (Ickey Woods) or Jambo Creeks (James Brooks) as well.



Disclaimer: I'm going to complain because that is what sports fans do. I'm so interested in this game and appreciate all the work that is going into it. I don't expect any changes to be made at this stage in production.


But, if Mr. Spivey is willing to consider changes and has time....

I understand why Sesentayseis and Blellow are on the team, if you wanted the Jack-O-Lanterns to fill the niche of a receiving team. However, if you were just selecting players to emulate then I think you failed tremendously. How could you possible leave out Munoz, our only Hall of Famer. To fill a role of historically troubled players that play(ed) on the Bengals I would have preferred you using Adam Jones over C. Johnson. Plus, Geno Atkins is one of the most dominating NT in the game right now.

That all being said, my biggest complaint, and the one that really irritates me as a Bengal's fan, is that you put AJ Squawk on the team. If he is based on AJ Hawk, you selected a one year free agent pick up that only played second string. He far from represents anything on the Bengals or about them.

I hear you Allen! I've talked about this in the main thread a little bit and in a couple of podcast interviews. The core line-ups in the game have been selected and crafted to produce: a very specific league balance, specific team composition ratios, interesting match-ups and play styles. I also wanted to represent different eras and mix-and-match players from various timelines so that fans of all ages would have something to like. That said...

Almost every team out there will have at least one alternate line-up available after the game is released, and those line-ups either feature iconic legends and Hall of Famers or focus on a group of players that defined a particular era or signature offense or defense. So, don't be surprised if there are some players that have skills similar to those possessed by Munoz, Boomer, Ickey, or others. There are some line-ups that I would personally have loved to of put in the core game, but balance and gameplay come first.

Toenail21 wrote:
We got RGIII for the Engines. No complaining.

He has a point!laugh
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Herring
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
voodooink wrote:

The core line-ups in the game have been selected and crafted to produce: a very specific league balance, specific team composition ratios, interesting match-ups and play styles. I also wanted to represent different eras and mix-and-match players from various timelines so that fans of all ages would have something to like.


Awesome, I perfectly understand that and agree, game wise, that is the best way to go. But please, I beg you, pick any other Bengal LB, an actual Bengal, than AJ Squawk. Vontaze Burfict, Takeo Spikes, Rey Maualuga, Dhani Jones, James Francis, Reggie Williams, Jim LeClair, Bill Bergey, Brian Simmons, etc.....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You know what Allen, I'm going to seriously consider it.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Burfict would be funny admittedly. But Maualuga is a better choice.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Herring
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
voodooink wrote:
You know what Allen, I'm going to seriously consider it.


Awesome! Thank you. Though I'll understand if you are unable.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Herring
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alternate
If you haven't determined the jack-o-lanterns alternate team would you consider

presenting the past:
Willie Muñoz 30 Team Player, Lockdown

Representing the present
Carlos Atkins 44 Block +1, Blitz
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Those actually look pretty nice Allen, and you never know what might happen. I do think you should go ahead and join the Jack-O-Lanterns. Steven could use some help.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Herring
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to. Really didn't have the money to kick start the game, but if I had contributed enough to join a team my wife would have left me.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
aleuhe wrote:
I would love to. Really didn't have the money to kick start the game, but if I had contributed enough to join a team my wife would have left me.

Finding a way to pledge while staying married seems like the best compromise.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Herring
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
voodooink wrote:
You know what Allen, I'm going to seriously consider it.

^
|
IRT changing out AJ Squawking for an "actual" Bengal.

Just a friendly reminder. I imagine you have been so busy that this has probably slid to low priority. I understand you didn't say you would change, nor do I expect you to reply to this as I know there are higher priorities you are currently working on. I'm just hoping this doesn't get entirely forgotten about.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rumors around the MFL suggest that there might have been a last minute trade involving AJ Squawk. It might be just a rumor though...

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Herring
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where there's smoke, there's fire....?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears so! Spike Tacos will be wearing #55 and playing linebacker for the JACK-O-LANTERNS!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Herring
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
voodooink wrote:
It appears so! Spike Tacos will be wearing #55 and playing linebacker for the JACK-O-LANTERNS!


I love it, thank you
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
aleuhe wrote:
I love it, thank you

My pleasure! It worked out nicely.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.