Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Suman Jampala
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Hello everyone,
2 questions:
1) If there are no soldiers from either side at the time of battle objective resolution, who gains control of the region where the battle is taking place?
2) If player A loses the objective on 'Prisoner' and 'Attrition', and he also loses control of the region, where do the soldiers retreat to? Do they retreat to adjacent controlled regions? Either it is not mentioned in the rulebook or I misunderstood.

I tried searching for answers in previous posts, to no success. I apologize if this is a repost.

Sincerely,
Suman Jampala

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
OneFabric wrote:
Hello everyone,
2 questions:
1) If there are no soldiers from either side at the time of battle objective resolution, who gains control of the region where the battle is taking place?
2) If player A loses the objective on 'Prisoner' and 'Attrition', and he also loses control of the region, where do the soldiers retreat to? Do they retreat to adjacent controlled regions? Either it is not mentioned in the rulebook or I misunderstood.

I tried searching for answers in previous posts, to no success. I apologize if this is a repost.

Sincerely,
Suman Jampala

1. If at any point there are not two combatants in a Battle Region, it is no longer a Battle Region. So, let's say you have 2 Machines vs 1 Human and you use a Shred Drone to kill the Human? It is not a Battle.

So if I'm reading your question corrrectly, this isn't possible. It wouldn't be a Battle as soon as there is only one combatant.

2. Attrition and Prisoners don't affect retreat rules. Only Territory Control. After the Battle, all remaining Units belonging to the player who lost Territory Control retreat to an adjacent controlled non-battle region. If they can't, return them to your Reserve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suman Jampala
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
HerrohGrant wrote:
OneFabric wrote:
Hello everyone,
2 questions:

Sincerely,
Suman Jampala

1. If at any point there are not two combatants in a Battle Region, it is no longer a Battle Region. So, let's say you have 2 Machines vs 1 Human and you use a Shred Drone to kill the Human? It is not a Battle.

So if I'm reading your question corrrectly, this isn't possible. It wouldn't be a Battle as soon as there is only one combatant.

2. Attrition and Prisoners don't affect retreat rules. Only Territory Control. After the Battle, all remaining Units belonging to the player who lost Territory Control retreat to an adjacent controlled non-battle region. If they can't, return them to your Reserve.

Thanks! I really appreciate your prompt responses.

I am sorry, I didn't explain the 1st question properly.

When I said there are no soldiers on either side of the battle objective, I meant that there *is* a battle going on, but neither player places a soldier on the 'Region Control Objective'. So since the defender wins the Region Control Objective if there is a tie, does that rule still apply when
the tie is 0 soldiers vs. 0 soldiers? If not, who gains control of the contested region?

Much thanks,
Suman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Van Hoeyveld
Belgium
Stabroek
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OneFabric wrote:

I am sorry, I didn't explain the 1st question properly.

When I said there are no soldiers on either side of the battle objective, I meant that there *is* a battle going on, but neither player places a soldier on the 'Region Control Objective'. So since the defender wins the Region Control Objective if there is a tie, does that rule still apply when
the tie is 0 soldiers vs. 0 soldiers? If not, who gains control of the contested region?

Much thanks,
Suman

Hey Sumon... 0-0 in Region Control is still seen as a tie. So, defender wins control of the region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kurt is correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suman Jampala
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Thank you Kurt & Grant,
Suman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.