Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies if I missed this in the rule book.

If I have an ongoing effect that triggers when I play a certain card, then I play that card, do I trigger the ongoing effect of the previous card first, or the play effect of the current card?

We had a situation where one card would flip itself when a certain type of card was played (Killmore, I think was the name?) and the card that triggered its effect had a Play effect that scored RP based on the star power of adjacent cards, so we weren't sure if Killmore should flip itself first.

It wasn't my deck, so I may have the card name wrong. I believe the card played to trigger it was called Gidget (from the mouse set).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cant remember offhand but in the book there is as list of the order abilities are resolved in. i believe its ongoing > play > etc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verret
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 12, bottom Left.

Order of resolution is TOPNS:
Ongoing
Play
Next
Score
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nixon
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
ALso important to remember, even though the TOP effect goes first, it does not stop a PLAY effect from happening, as long as the card was still PLAYED. theres only a few cards which specify that they flip a card before it enters play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.