Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Brehob
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two questions:
* If the offensive player points the cone at a base in another player's system, but before the challenge resolves said player ends up with a token on said base (making it no longer a place a challenge could have been started) what happens?

* And more of an opinion question: Should seeker and calculator be listed as a too powerful power combination?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would it no longer be a place that a challenge could have been started?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Brehob
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because somehow an offensive token is now on the base (trader flair for example could do this I think).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have to recheck the rules, but I don't recall such a restriction. Regardless, such a check would be done at the start of the challenge, not perpetually throughout the challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Lutton
United States
Lexington Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm inclined to say that if you've moved on from the "point the cone" phase, the offensive player is SOL - if another player's alien power gives the offensive player a base, or if another player plays a card that does so, and the phase is legitimate, that's part of why that power or card exists (i.e., to potentially thwart the offensive player). That's how I'd definitely interpret the rules. In that case, the best bet for the offensive player is a compromise/compromise situation with the defensive player.

And give an example of why Seeker and Calculator would be too powerful a combination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.