Popular Tags: [View All]
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
This card states that you eliminate an Eagle to:

"move a companion or group of companions as if they were level 4. The movement may end in a stronghold under siege."

It doesn't state that this can be used to move a companion out of a siege, so as written I would be inclined to think this cannot be used to rescue a companion from a siege. However it would make thematic sense that if they can get into a siege they can also get out. And that's what Wifey would like to do.

While I think as written it's not allowed, I'm inclined toward allowing it since I am the shadow player and would rather get it wrong to my disadvantage than advantage.

This is kinda important as it will dictate whether or not the FP can rescue Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and Pippin from a Minas Tirith with just 1 remaining regular unit to defend them!

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Eagles cannot get Companions out of a besieged Stronghold unless the card explicitly states so. So no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Veldrin wrote:
The Eagles cannot get Companions out of a besieged Stronghold unless the card explicitly states so. So no.

As I feared (on Aragorn's behalf)... thanks for confirming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
P.S. Message from Wifey:

Wifey wrote:
That sucks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heikki Laakkonen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orion3T wrote:
This is kinda important as it will dictate whether or not the FP can rescue Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and Pippin from a Minas Tirith with just 1 remaining regular unit to defend them!

At one time I hoped for the possibility to do that but once I heard the reasoning (Would Aragorn, Gandalf etc. save their own skin and leave their fellow warriors to die?) I am glad that the designers have not made it possible so far (with the exception of Helm's Deep and Dead Men of Dunharrow or Paths of the Woses).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hessen wrote:
Orion3T wrote:

At one time I hoped for the possibility to do that but once I heard the reasoning (Would Aragorn, Gandalf etc. save their own skin and leave their fellow warriors to die?) I am glad that the designers have not made it possible so far (with the exception of Helm's Deep and Dead Men of Dunharrow or Paths of the Woses).

Funny you should say that...

But before I could finish off that last unit, the FP played 'Paths of the Dead' which, unless we misunderstand it, allows a besieged Aragorn to flee Minas Tirith with any companions accompanying him.

Thematically of course, they are not fleeing but intend to come back with the Dead Men as reinforcements.

So Wifey managed to engineer an escape for the apparently doomed Aragorn & Co after all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heikki Laakkonen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orion3T wrote:
Hessen wrote:
Orion3T wrote:

Funny you should say that...

But before I could finish off that last unit, the FP played 'Paths of the Dead' which, unless we misunderstand it, allows a besieged Aragorn to flee Minas Tirith with any companions accompanying him.

Thematically of course, they are not fleeing but intend to come back with the Dead Men as reinforcements.

So Wifey managed to engineer an escape for the apparently doomed Aragorn & Co after all!

Yes, WoME offers this "escape" possibility in Gondor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.