Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Kmak
United States
Parrish
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The two Serbian armies are spent and defeated in a battle with A-H and must retreat. The Salonika event has been played and Greece is occupied by a British army. Albania is unoccupied. Can the Serbians retreat into Greece or do they have to retreat into Albania?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Hammond
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
Ken - I believe one Serbian army is permanently eliminated and the other retreats to Salonica. Can only retreat to Albania if there are no other options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Richardson
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I believe that's correct. I was then thinking if this might be an exception to the rule that French armies in Greece can't be refitted.

If there was a spent French army in Greece I am assuming it could "subsume" the Serbian army. Is that legal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Uhlmann
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
A Western Allies army in Greece could absorb the spent defeated Serbs and refit. However, they could also refit normally. Even with the Serbs there, you might refit normally if you have a point to spare at that time and hold on to the Serbs as a reserve for a future refit.

Kirk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Richardson
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Kirk

My understanding was that French armies couldn't be refitted by sea so no way of doing that in Greece. Other than using the Serbian army.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Uhlmann
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
You're right, Mike. When I think of a Western Allied army going to Greece I always just assume a British unit, because of those reasons. However, I can think of some cases where tying up a French unit in Salonika instead might be beneficial, although potentially inconvenient later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.