Hide
7 Posts

Grimslingers» Forums » General

Subject: Would love to have a playmat! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Welch
msg tools
Wish Stephen would design a playmat for this game. Keeping all the cards in order can be a pain. I'm speaking of a mat for the tall tales campaign and a mat for the players. Confusing to keep sort of your discard pile and the deactivated piles. Plus a mat could add a lot of theme to the game especially if the map was built in to it!

Anyway, great game! Awesome art!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stewart
United States
Owego
NY
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
2nded!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Benncory wrote:
Wish Stephen would design a playmat for this game. Keeping all the cards in order can be a pain. I'm speaking of a mat for the tall tales campaign and a mat for the players. Confusing to keep sort of your discard pile and the deactivated piles. Plus a mat could add a lot of theme to the game especially if the map was built in to it!

Anyway, great game! Awesome art!

It's a great idea. It'd have to be a pretty big mat though, therefore probably expensive, especially for 2.

Depending on what GBG decides for an expansion of the game, it could include some mats?

Also, there are some good DIY player mat files up here on BGG, if you haven't already seen them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hadlock
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did see the pnp playmat in the files section, and while it's functional that's all it is.

I would love several options of art that I could make use w/ a Playmat printing company, if there aren't going to be actual playmats made for purchase.

Would be cool if there were several options of landscape scenes, overlaid with the card decks faintly over the landscape. (8 different options would be ideal.)

Also, a single playmat that had the map, and deck spaces for all the AI and Event cards.

That way if I wanted I could pick up, 2 + The CoOp map, or even get a unique play mat for each player.

But if official ones aren't going to be made, it wouldn't be to hard to just do...the art in this though is just so beautiful, having official ones would be lovely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
UncleDragon wrote:
I did see the pnp playmat in the files section, and while it's functional that's all it is.

I would love several options of art that I could make use w/ a Playmat printing company, if there aren't going to be actual playmats made for purchase.

Would be cool if there were several options of landscape scenes, overlaid with the card decks faintly over the landscape. (8 different options would be ideal.)

Also, a single playmat that had the map, and deck spaces for all the AI and Event cards.

That way if I wanted I could pick up, 2 + The CoOp map, or even get a unique play mat for each player.

But if official ones aren't going to be made, it wouldn't be to hard to just do...the art in this though is just so beautiful, having official ones would be lovely.

Totally agree.

Getting the art done is the issue...

I'm hoping to do another Grimslinger kickstarter next year and I think some playmats like you are saying would make for some great add-ons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hillier
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too!

Even if it is just for the duels, a place to indicate discard and deactivated piles (both of them). And, of course, the Art!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Zuleger
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Totally agree on the playmats being a nice add-on to this game! Would love to get some .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.