Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Lane
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mb
Hi All,

Two questions,

1) If a unit spots an enemy unit in the Spotting Phase but becomes suppressed before firing upon that enemy unit and would, at the moment of firing, as a consequence of that suppression, fail to spot it, is it still allowed to fire?

2) Can a vehicle avail itself of the the 'free' one hexside turn if marked with a Fire or Overwatch command? Or is it that the only way a vehicle can change it's facing is by utilising a Move or Short Halt command?

Many Thanks,

Martin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
I would say No to both situations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadir Elfarra
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mzen wrote:
Hi All,

Two questions,

1) If a unit spots an enemy unit in the Spotting Phase but becomes suppressed before firing upon that enemy unit and would, at the moment of firing, as a consequence of that suppression, fail to spot it, is it still allowed to fire?

I'm not an authority, but I would say "yes" it can still fire, with the appropriate DRM. The target will be un-spotted (to this shooter) in the _next_ spotting phase. Again, just my opinion.

Quote:
2) Can a vehicle avail itself of the the 'free' one hexside turn if marked with a Fire or Overwatch command? Or is it that the only way a vehicle can change it's facing is by utilising a Move or Short Halt command?

No - only with movement orders. The only other time a facing change can be made is with Overwatch-Adjust and that would only enable the turret to change facing.

-N

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Lane
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mb
Nadir_E wrote:
[q="mzen"]Hi All,

Two questions,

I'm not an authority, but I would say "yes" it can still fire, with the appropriate DRM. The target will be un-spotted (to this shooter) in the _next_ spotting phase. Again, just my opinion.

I would tend to agree with you as the actions, although divided into separate phases, are actually 'simultaneous'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, may still fire (applying the applicable AP or GP modifiers) since the target was spotted during the Spotting Phase. It's not spotted in the next Spotting Phase.

2. No, a vehicle must have a Move or Short Halt command to turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Lane
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you Jim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.