Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B. B.
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

6.5.4.2.2 Leg and Towed GP Defense Factors: "[...] If moving (it has a Move or a Short Halt command) subtract 2 [...]."

Example: It is the Direct Fire Step. The US player is the First Player. A US Squad uses his Fire Command for GP DF vs. a Soviet Squad with a Move Command counter not yet visible (because the Movement Step follows later).

Question: Does the Soviet player MUST reveal the Move Command counter so that the Soviet Squad suffers the GP Defense -2 for moving?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadir Elfarra
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say yes. There's another case where a player has the opportunity to not accept a favorable DRM for moving, but that's his choice. I don't think it is a choice when the DRM is unfavorable.

-N

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Sola Ramos
Spain
Pilar de la Horadada
Alicante
flag msg tools
The Panzer Pusher gives you prestige!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are times when players put "impossible" fire orders in order to "reveal" enemy commands. The defending player may opt not to reveal his command, even if it provides an advantageous modifier to the defender.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. B.
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We have two different answeres here and I am not sure which one is correct. I hope Jim steps in.

In my view Nadir is right. The Soviet player has to reveal the Move Command counter and the Soviet squad will suffer the GP Defense penalty of -2 for a moving squad.

@ Fernando: In this situation it would be a disadvantageous modifier for the defending squad and not an advantageous modifier. If I were the Soviet player, I wouldn't have any interest to tell the US player that the Soviet squad is a moving one.

I think, in this game either a unit with a Move Command counts as already "moving" during the Direct Fire Combat Step (like a moving vehicle does) or not.

Why should there be a difference between a moving vehicle as a target and a moving squad as a target?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Both Nadir and Fernando are correct. Fernando is not referring to the leg unit, he is referring to vehicles as outlined in section 4.4.3.2.2 AP Hit Modifiers, Target Moving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. B.
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ups ... I misread Fernando's answer.

So in my example the Soviet player MUST reveal the Move Command counter so that the Soviet Squad suffers the GP Defense -2 for moving.

Assume the Soviet Squad is in Full Cover. Is the Soviet player then allowed to declare that he wants to crawl, so that he does not suffer the GP Defense -2 modifier for moving, but the +10 GP Fire modifier for Target Leg Crawling; of course the Soviet Squad then would remain in Full Cover and gets the GP Defense +2 modifier for Full Cover?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRealKid wrote:
Assume the Soviet Squad is in Full Cover. Is the Soviet player then allowed to declare that he wants to crawl, so that he does not suffer the GP Defense -2 modifier for moving, but the +10 GP Fire modifier for Target Leg Crawling; of course the Soviet Squad then would remain in Full Cover and gets the GP Defense +2 modifier for Full Cover?

There's no assumption here. Crawling is the only way a unit in full cover can move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.