Subject: Research question for Devs. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Stack
msg tools
mb
This is in regard to research cards from the 4th chest:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Specifically the Treasure Maps. Did you ever run into players acquiring half of a map, but then never use the card for it's research ability to save it until they get the other half, but other players doing the same so that most of the maps are in play, but split among different players and thus never ever getting to be used for the treasure map? Seems like this leads to a permanent stalemate as there is no way to raid a player for maps/research or force the discard or use of hoarded cards. Right now in our game (9 games) I'd say 90% of the research deck is in the hands of players.

Also, was there any balance issues if any one player acquires and completes multiple (or even all) the maps themselves vs those who completed none?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Sharpsburg
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Research cards are placed face up in a players treasure room. Because they are there they can be chosen as spoils when successfully raiding a player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stack
msg tools
mb
Completely missed that part about research cards going to the treasure room! ... Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What Matt said! This isn't even a spoiler, it's in the base rules. Your research cards are in your treasure room, face up (page 16), and can be plundered by other players (page 19).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Sharpsburg
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just so used to writing everything in these threads as spoilers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stack
msg tools
mb
DaviddesJ wrote:
What Matt said! This isn't even a spoiler, it's in the base rules. Your research cards are in your treasure room, face up (page 16), and can be plundered by other players (page 19).

Except for the elements mentionioned in my comment that IS a spoiler and the reason we were asking to begin with:

Treasure Maps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if they are research cards then the above answer applies.

If they aren't research cards then I don't know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Sharpsburg
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Treasure maps are research cards. Thus they go in your treasure vault and can be raided.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.