4 Posts

Terraforming Mars» Forums » Rules

Subject: After final production rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mokey D Luffy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, the game end is triggered. The generation is finished, which includes one final production phase, and then, in player order, each player may spend plants to place greenery tiles on the board. This is the part I am a little unsure about.

Does the first player token rotate? You don't exactly start a new generation, so I have been leaving the first player token alone.

Equally as importantly, do players take turns placing one at a time, or does each player use all of their plants and then pass along to the next player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As Production phase is the last thing in a Generation I see no reason to change first player. And the other question, on how many conversions to greenery tiles each player can do before handing over to the next player I would say each player can put out all they can before next one do their stuff. But it's not explicitly stated in the rules, so it could be read as you suggested, that each player does one conversion and greenary placement until all passes. I think the first one is better but each could work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
* Do not shift 1st player. There is no new generation.
* Each player may do as many conversions as they can before the next player goes. Don't forget to collect placement bonuses for the greenery tiles; they may allow you to get enough resources to place yet another greenery tile, or win the Miner award or tie-breaker.

This will be clearer in the next printrun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mokey D Luffy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played this again last night at my gaming group, and I remembered that I hadn't checked back on this.

Thanks for the answers. I am glad that we were playing correctly, but as that part of the game can potentially end up destroying one player's plans, I wanted to be sure that we were.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.