Subject: Faction Packs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
anevil giraffe
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mbmb
As Factions is pretty unlikely to see the light of day again, are the readily available faction packs usable without the main expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Faction is connected to an Agenda or Alien Tech card that comes with Factions, I would consider it broken, but if they don't, I think it would be fine.

Without opening my game and looking at everything, it probably would work, based on my memory. However, not all the Faction packs have good Factions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anevilgiraffe wrote:
As Factions is pretty unlikely to see the light of day again, are the readily available faction packs usable without the main expansion?

No not really. To play with factions, you need a faction for every player plus one (at least to do selection as written). Factions itself comes with 8 factions, and there are only 4 other factions packs, each with a single faction. On top of that one of the faction packs requires agendas for the faction to work so you are down to 3 factions you could get and play with which is not really enough to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anevilgiraffe wrote:

Did I miss something? Are they discontinuing Factions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anevil giraffe
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mbmb
ras2124 wrote:
anevilgiraffe wrote:

No not really. To play with factions, you need a faction for every player plus one (at least to do selection as written). Factions itself comes with 8 factions, and there are only 4 other factions packs, each with a single faction. On top of that one of the faction packs requires agendas for the faction to work so you are down to 3 factions you could get and play with which is not really enough to play.

hmmm.... pity that. Thanks chaps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anevil giraffe
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mbmb
ayejae wrote:
anevilgiraffe wrote:

might as well be as no reprint is in sight

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anevilgiraffe wrote:
ayejae wrote:
anevilgiraffe wrote:

Might have something to do with them losing their plastics supplier earlier this year. Big Box also delayed. It's supposed to fulfill in December, so perhaps the other AF products will get reprints soon, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian N/A
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anevilgiraffe wrote:
ayejae wrote:
anevilgiraffe wrote:

I was recently emailing with game salute requesting to buy a print and play version of Factions. While they did not go for that, they did reply and tell me that they have "firm plans" at a reprint in "early 2017". Sounds promising. They said be prepared for an announcement soon in the new year. Thought others would like to know. Here's hoping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.