Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the designers and a few reviewers the game plays fine as is with two but with less interaction they prefer it with more.. Would like to help change this perception and make the game more viable with two.

One idea I had was a simple neutral player that had it's own deck of cards that would randomly attack the players (or leader). Also the players could raid from the neutral player aka the supply instead of attacking each other (to minimize the tug/war of only having two).

Regarding drafting there are plenty of games that work with two by simply having each player draw/discard and extra card each turn during this phase. I'm sure this would be an easy fix as well.

Please share your ideas on ways the game could scale better with two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bushido GCT Studios
England
flag msg tools
mbmb
I was thinking about a deck that you draw the top card of each turn before the survivor selection. Each card will have varying amounts of the following instructions on such as:

-Takes survivor X
-Attacks player with target number of X (with largest town, most credits etc.)
-Buys market slot X
-Place 3 research tokens on 1st/2nd project.
-Plays event card X
-Plays attack card X

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jawby
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was kind if thinking the same tbing, Bushido. I don't know if you have played Rattle Battle Grab the Loot or Legends of Andor, but they have a deck of cards that dictate what the AI opponent is going to do. This works really well in my opinion especially in co-op scenarios. On the other hand, games like Tiny Epic Galaxies have an amazing solo experience where die rolls decide what the AI will do out of a pool of actions. I think that this could work just as well with 2 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bushido GCT Studios
England
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey Jawby, I think that the dice idea is a great idea for this game actually. Possibly a root diagram of if you roll for an event card then next roll is which event card. With the bell curve of 2 D6 you could also reduce the likelihood of certain cards. Or even better could create more than one dummy profile with somewhat different personalities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
xoddsx wrote:
Hey Jawby, I think that the dice idea is a great idea for this game actually. Possibly a root diagram of if you roll for an event card then next roll is which event card. With the bell curve of 2 D6 you could also reduce the likelihood of certain cards. Or even better could create more than one dummy profile with somewhat different personalities.

I was just going to say whatever option you go with would be cool to have more than one AI as an option. I do that for Scythe using two automa decks. You could sell them as an add-on
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bushido GCT Studios
England
flag msg tools
mbmb
A first draft of a proxy player up now, let me know what you think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bushido GCT Studios
England
flag msg tools
mbmb
Not sure what happened to the upload but here is a link to the file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybfs6whbvl293e3/TPP%20balanced%20p...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.