Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mick Mickelsen
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I just got back from a trip to Florence. Everything Medici there has whetted my appetite for this game.

Does anyone have any suggested reading to enrich the gaming experience?

I am thinking about reading The House of Medici by Christopher Hibbert.

Anything else come to the mind of you Renaissance scholars out there in BGG land?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Parsons
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Benvenuto Cellini's autobiography is a ripping yarn. He was a sculptor, goldsmith, musician, soldier and murderer who was born in Medici Florence. His work, adventures and scrapes with the law took him across Italy and to Paris.

If you're looking for something more serious then Jacob Burckhardt's Civilization of the Renaissance in Italy is a classic text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
Life and death come and go like marionettes dancing on a table. Once their strings are cut, they easily crumble.
badge
What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror. Then we shall see face to face.
mbmbmbmbmb
mickmick wrote:
Today I just got back from a trip to Florence. Everything Medici there has whetted my appetite for this game.

Does anyone have any suggested reading to enrich the gaming experience?

I am thinking about reading The House of Medici by Christopher Hibbert.

Anything else come to the mind of you Renaissance scholars out there in BGG land?

April blood - Lauro Martines
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Mickelsen
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend loaned me an English copy of April Blood while I was in Florence. I don't know if the translation is poor, but I found it to be almost unreadable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.