Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am setup for solo play per the instruction book.

Under the Actions section

"After playing a card, decide whether you want to complete your hand (and have again three cards in your hand), or not. If you do not, you will not have this option again the whole mission."

I don't understand the bold part...

I play a card on the first Grizzled

A: I then need to decide if I am going to finish playing the other two cards.
If continuing play with the two cards, do I draw three more cards from the Trials deck and continue play until mission success or everyone withdraws?

or

B: If I decide to stop play after the first card, everyone withdraws, then I draw three cards from the Morale deck?

Are both A and B correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neither is quite right.

You play a card on the first Grizzled, and have two cards in hand. Before you play a card on the second Grizzled, you have to decide whether or not to draw back up to three cards. If you do, then draw one card and then play your second card on the second Grizzled. Then you have the same decision as before - refill hand back to three cards or pass.

Eventually, you aren't going to want any more cards in your hand. Once you decide not to refill your hand, you then finish off the playing your remaining cards or keeping them (and having Grizzled withdraw), depending on the situation.

Even though you are playing three Grizzled, they are independent of each other. You can have one withdraw, and continue playing with just two. Eventually, they are all going to withdraw, and then the round is over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deathstroke wrote:
Neither is quite right.

You play a card on the first Grizzled, and have two cards in hand. Before you play a card on the second Grizzled, you have to decide whether or not to draw back up to three cards. If you do, then draw one card and then play your second card on the second Grizzled. Then you have the same decision as before - refill hand back to three cards or pass.

Eventually, you aren't going to want any more cards in your hand. Once you decide not to refill your hand, you then finish off the playing your remaining cards or keeping them (and having Grizzled withdraw), depending on the situation.

Even though you are playing three Grizzled, they are independent of each other. You can have one withdraw, and continue playing with just two. Eventually, they are all going to withdraw, and then the round is over.

Much appreciated

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My pleasure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was unclear to me too. I do wish designers would have their rules checked by....

A) A native language speaker when appropriate and

B) Someone who knows nothing about the game to avoid gaps and assumptions. This would avoid the need for FAQ's in most cases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.