Subject: Quest deck? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cwissy
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my copy of the game. And it's beautiful. The coins are just…amazing. One question though – there seems to be a deck of quest cards whose back appears to be a letter with a wax seal. There is no mention of these cards in the rulebook. How do they work.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Bane
msg tools
designer
From the Kickstarter update:

If you were following the Kickstarter campaign closely during the crazy rush it experienced in the last 48 hours, you'll remember that the Quest Expansion was one of the stretch goal that you guys smashed out of the park!

Now that backers are starting to receive their games, we're here to explain how to use these special cards. Those of you with keen eyes will have noticed that the Quest cards aren't addressed in the rule book; that's because they are a Kickstarter exclusive addition!

The rules for these are very simple; shuffle the cards together, and deal two out at random to each player at the start of the game. Keep them hidden from your opponents, and do your best to meet the requirements. Rewards from quests can be claimed immediately, or cashed in at the end of the game to surprise your opponents. Watch out though; some cards have a nasty effect if you don't deliver on time!

Failure to disclose a met/unmet quest by the end of the game (or due time if stated on the card) will result in your forfeiture of the game. Don't try to hide it either; all quest cards must be displayed and their effects resolved at the end of a game before the winner can be decided. We recommend playing at least one regular game before you add these cards to your roster.

For a slightly more friendly game, remove the quests from Morduk from the deck before dealing the cards out; he's really not a very nice guy.

Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew N
msg tools
mbmbmb
I posted in the Kickstarter comments but I'll repeat my question here too.

Since some of the quests require a certain number of creature kills should Killed Creature Cards be taken by the player who killed the creature instead of going to a discard pile? Perhaps they can just be placed face-down next to their ammunition card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.