Oliver Dienz
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
Interesting but this turned me off quickly:

Quote:
Displaying 8140 Questions

(And why can people not do at least a spell check before submitting??)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
Skimmed the top votes, what people seem to want to have discussed (top 30 are considered for the debate):

Left issues:
Gun Control
Social Security
Climate Change

Right issues:
Gun Control
Voter ID
"Why are government officials who fail to protect classified info not prosecuted?"
Paid Speech Transcripts

Nonpartisan (I think?)
Gerrymandering
"What do you propose to do to those in government that are above the law?"*
Johnson (lol)

*It's hard to tell off hand if this is left populism or right populism. It's kind of tin-hatty either way.

Weirdly absent from the top 30
Womens issues questions
Tax returns
Charity (left or right)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
Note you can sort for popularity to see what's most likely to be asked.

In addtion to the summary above, these are the top 3 verbatim:

about 22000 votes wrote:
Would you support requiring criminal background checks for all gun sales?

My son was murdered by someone who should have never had a gun. Gaps in our current system make it easy for felons & other dangerous people to buy guns online & at gun shows, no questions asked.

about 20000 votes wrote:
Do you support expanding, and not cutting, Social Security's modest benefits?

We can easily afford to protect & expand Social Security by requiring the wealthiest Americans to contribute at the same rate as the rest of us.

about 19000 voets wrote:
How will you ensure the 2nd amendment is protected?
Too much crime is blamed on the tool, not the person. How will you protect law abiding citizens to protect themselves.

Seems like the gun issue is going to be front and center for sure. There are a few more scattered in the top 30.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted on the first few, then lost interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted on about 60 including some of the women's issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

Why? You are a British Citizen. I would be pretty pissed off if a bunch of Americans shat all over a similar poll here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidDearlove wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Why? You are a British Citizen. I would be pretty pissed off if a bunch of Americans shat all over a similar poll here.
I wouild not, as it is an internet poll and they are pretty damn pointless.

Besides, the yanks have bases here, we are fighting along side them. What they do affects us (for example Donny wants to charge us for American forces on our soil).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Besides, the yanks have bases here, we are fighting along side them. What they do affects us (for example Donny wants to charge us for American forces on our soil).

It's a good point david makes-- and they could have used geolocation to prevent that (except for a few people spoofing their ip). I think it displays either tech ignorance or a blind spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
I admit, I've been waiting for a big million point jump to "R U GAY?!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

It's a good point david makes-- and they could have used geolocation to prevent that (except for a few people spoofing their ip). I think it displays either tech ignorance or a blind spot.
Normally I would say yes, but this year you have a candidate who wants to charge foreigners for US security, who wants to undermine NATO (ignoring the sacrifice NATO nations have made).

It is important to know what his foreign policies really are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Geolocation isn't really appropriate. There are many US citizens in the UK (and other countries outside the US). They are entitled to vote, and therefore should equally have the same opportunity to influence the questions as those inside the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
Right wing media apparently found the 'vote' site, the "How will you protect the second amendment?" question jumped by 20k votes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
Right wing media apparently found the 'vote' site, the "How will you protect the second amendment?" question jumped by 20k votes.

I wonder if Hillary would actually even lose any votes if she just replied "it's part of the Constitution, it doesn't need any more 'protection', next question?" and just moved on.

It isn't like she is going to swing any die-hard gun-toting, bible-thumping, lifetime-NRA Trump supporters regardless of WHAT she says on that topic. IE., literally any time spent on that question is time wasted from topics that could move the gauge in her favor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
windsagio wrote:

I wonder if Hillary would actually even lose any votes if she just replied "it's part of the Constitution, it doesn't need any more 'protection', next question?" and just moved on.

It isn't like she is going to swing any die-hard gun-toting, bible-thumping, lifetime-NRA Trump supporters regardless of WHAT she says on that topic. IE., literally any time spent on that question is time wasted from topics that could move the gauge in her favor.

The funny thing is they're not bound to ask the questions anwyays, the top 30 will be 'considered'.

Somebody's def. spreading the word tho'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
XanderF wrote:
windsagio wrote:

The funny thing is they're not bound to ask the questions anwyays, the top 30 will be 'considered'.

Well, naturally. I mean, how else can you keep the WHOLE THING RIGGED, amiright?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two words

Boaty McBoatface
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.