Subject: How to resolve instant actions with duels? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Player 1 went to the porch to take the Central Bank action. This is an immediate action that allows her to pay 1 resource to immediately buy one unpurchased building card at cost, replacing it with a new building card. After she did this, player 2 went to the same spot and dueled her for it. Player 2 won the duel, but what happens at this point since player 1 already purchased a building card and revealed a new one? Then after player 2 takes his action what if player 3 and eventually 4 also duels in this spot? Are you supposed to wait with the instant actions until the end of Phase 2 just in case a duel happens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Instant actions happen when you go there. If you get dueled, you don't undo the action; its effect remains. See page 11: wounded posse keeps benefit of immediate effect after duel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha, so the loser of the duel gets to keep their instant action benefit while the winner gets to take the instant action benefit as well. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
randyd42 wrote:
Aha, so the loser of the duel gets to keep their instant action benefit while the winner gets to take the instant action benefit as well. Thanks!

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quick related question. if i go to an instant space, i get the benefit, when does the attacker get the benefit, before or after the duel? if the attacker loses the duel does he still get the benefit, or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:
quick related question. if i go to an instant space, i get the benefit, when does the attacker get the benefit, before or after the duel? if the attacker loses the duel does he still get the benefit, or not.
After. The rules explicitly say attacker has to win to get benefit.

Edit: Actually it is in the box bottom, not the rulebook itself, but it is explicit with regard to the answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
Klaxas wrote:
After. The rules explicitly say attacker has to win to get benefit.

Edit: Actually it is in the box bottom, not the rulebook itself, but it is explicit with regard to the answer.

thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.