4 Posts

Tiny Epic Western» Forums » Rules

Subject: # of buildings in 2-player game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob S.
msg tools
mbmb
Only one play so far and we have three questions about renewal of buildings in a 2-player game:

1. On initial setup, how many buildings are placed out in the building slots? Just at the greyed out location mats, player mats don't receive a building card, correct?

2. Then, in subsequent rounds, all building slots are filled including player mats and greyed out mats, correct?

3. The greyed out mat buildings come from their porch slot and a new building is drawn to renew the porch slot, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brown
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a couple games in so I can't guarantee this is 100% correct, but here's my take:

singler3360 wrote:
1. On initial setup, how many buildings are placed out in the building slots? Just at the greyed out location mats, player mats don't receive a building card, correct?

All locations except Town Hall should receive a building in their buy slot (show with the buy phase symbol). Greyed out mats and the sheriff's office should receive buildings in their porch slots.

singler3360 wrote:
2. Then, in subsequent rounds, all building slots are filled including player mats and greyed out mats, correct?
3. The greyed out mat buildings come from their porch slot and a new building is drawn to renew the porch slot, correct?

If the buy slot of a greyed out mat or the sheriff's office are empty, the building from the porch slot is moved to the buy slot and a new building is drawn to fill the porch slot.

The buy slot for a player's mat should be refilled directly if it is empty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob S.
msg tools
mbmb
Granger44 wrote:
I'm a couple games in so I can't guarantee this is 100% correct, but here's my take:

singler3360 wrote:

All locations except Town Hall should receive a building in their buy slot (show with the buy phase symbol). Greyed out mats and the sheriff's office should receive buildings in their porch slots.

singler3360 wrote:

If the buy slot of a greyed out mat or the sheriff's office are empty, the building from the porch slot is moved to the buy slot and a new building is drawn to fill the porch slot.

The buy slot for a player's mat should be refilled directly if it is empty.

I just reread setup rules 7A and 7B and I believe you are correct. Don't know why this wasn't clear to me on the first read-through. Thanks for the response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok I agree as well but this is a little weird.

Setup on 2 players have more actions than setup on 4 players - is that correct? I know that player buildings have better bonuses but still ... playing with two players it's not so tight as with 4 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.