Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there, I found some cards with Microbe related confusing.
Some said "put X microbe cubes to ANOTHER card"

So is there any specific reason for all caps "ANOTHER"?
And what are the restriction on this phrase?

1. It can be any other card (even it's opponent's card?)
2. It must have a microbe tag / produce microbe?
3. Can any other cards that place animal or science cubes be placed by these microbes? Which logically turned to animal / science for the rest of the game.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, it can be placed on any other card, even an opponent's card, but only if . . .
2. The card in question has an effect for microbes on it (1 VP per 3 microbes on this card, for example.) A microbe tag is not sufficient.
3. I'm not sure I understand your question, but you may not play the "microbes" from your first card to an "animal"-collecting card and say, "Now those microbes have magically turned into animals!"

The principal is that you may only collect things on a card if that card gives you a use for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
spartax wrote:
1. Yes, it can be placed on any other card, even an opponent's card, but only if . . .
2. The card in question has an effect for microbes on it (1 VP per 3 microbes on this card, for example.) A microbe tag is not sufficient.
3. I'm not sure I understand your question, but you may not play the "microbes" from your first card to an "animal"-collecting card and say, "Now those microbes have magically turned into animals!"

The principal is that you may only collect things on a card if that card gives you a use for them.

Ah I see. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
vardamir wrote:
So is there any specific reason for all caps "ANOTHER"?

All-caps text on cards indicates exceptions from the normal rules.

Usually, special resources (which is everything you don't have a resource box on your player board for) are stored on the card that produced them, see also rulebook p.10:
"By default, those [non-standard] resources are usually placed on the same card that generates them."
So the fact that these microbe counters are instead put onto another card is an exception to this default rule.

Quote:
1. It can be any other card (even it's opponent's card?)

I suppose it could, at least I don't recall any general rule that would forbid you doing that. Though on the other hand, it seems wrong to mess with another player's cards. You don't do that on any other occasion in the game.* No, since resources without a red border always affect yourself see rules p.9 section 2). If it was allowed to put them on someone else's card, the resources would probably be red-bordered.

I don't really see why you would want to gift an opponent microbe counters anyway, tho.

Usually, when you produce/get non-standard resources, but have no (blue) card to store them on, you just lose them, as per rulebook p. 9:
"You may play a card that...
- adds resources that you can’t collect (for example adding microbe resources without having any microbe project to place them on)."

Quote:
2. It must have a microbe tag / produce microbe?

It must have the ability to store microbe counters. It'll say so on the card, and it will have to be a blue card.

A microbe tag alone won't do.

Quote:
3. Can any other cards that place animal or science cubes be placed by these microbes? Which logically turned to animal / science for the rest of the game.

No.

For instance, "Livestock" produces animal counters, which obviously represent animals. You cannot put a counter from a microbe-producing card on there.

*Edit: Actually, sometimes you do - "Predators" does just that. They can eat another player's animal counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.