$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 61.54

4,396 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
27.7% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Francisco Delgado
msg tools
Example, if Neville doesn't use his remembrall and discards it at turn end, does he get 2 tokens to carry over to next turn? I'd assume no but I didn't see any clarification. We've just been playing that if you only get the benefit when you discard say during a dark arts event or when a card tells you to discard another. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Read the instruction sequence on page 10 of the manual. During step 4, instruction 4, you would discard all the cards in your hand. Instruction 5 is discard any unused tokens. Even if, in your example, the Rememberall did trigger on step 4, you would discard the influence on instruction 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Delgado
msg tools
I figure as much, but there are cards like chocolate frogs which when discarded heal you. We havent been playing that it heals you when you dont use it during your turn but would it still trigger?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Tang
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards that are not used do nothing at the end of the turn. Yes, you are "discarding" them, but there's a difference between discarding during your turn and discarding after you're done with your turn.

Keep in mind that, during your turn, you cannot voluntarily discard cards with discard effects unless another effect (from a Villain, Hogwarts, or Dark Arts card) tells you to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
4ntonio wrote:
Cards that are not used do nothing at the end of the turn. Yes, you are "discarding" them, but there's a difference between discarding during your turn and discarding after you're done with your turn.

Keep in mind that, during your turn, you cannot voluntarily discard cards with discard effects unless another effect (from a Villain, Hogwarts, or Dark Arts card) tells you to do so.

There is another....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
There is another....

If you are referring to either the year six or year seven mechanic, read the paragraph on discarding cards on page 14 of the manual. Neither of the two new things apply to that paragraph, nor do the mini-manuals for those years add them to the discard rule. I'm curious to know if those are meant to be excluded (because you do gain something from the discard) or if this is an oversight when making the mini-manuals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
davypi wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:
There is another....

If you are referring to either the year six or year seven mechanic, read the paragraph on discarding cards on page 14 of the manual. Neither of the two new things apply to that paragraph, nor do the mini-manuals for those years add them to the discard rule. I'm curious to know if those are meant to be excluded (because you do gain something from the discard) or if this is an oversight when making the mini-manuals.

I will need to go reread that section then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.