Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon G
United States
Bossier City
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OCS Rules, para 13.6 says reinforcements arrive via the Arrival Chart or the Variable Reinforcement Table.

I'm assuming the "Arrival Chart" is supposed to be the "Arrival Schedule"?

Where is the "Variable Reinforcement Table"? I found a "Replacement Table" on the back of the Tunisia rulebook, but no Variable Reinforcement Table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Lott
United States
FPO
US Armed Forces - Pacific
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gordon,

I believe not every OCS title has Variable Reinforcements and its more of a case by case situation. If variable reinforcements are a part of a particular tile they'll be found in the game specific rules. In the game rules for lets say "Baltic Gap" they're found on page 10 (1.10 Variable Reinforcements). They won't be found in the OCS Series rules.

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The table your looking for is on the back of the Game Specific Rules booklet. That is the Variable table you mention. You roll for it, making it a variable. Then roll again for the Allies to see who gets the replacement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon G
United States
Bossier City
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fly by Night wrote:
The table your looking for is on the back of the Game Specific Rules booklet. That is the Variable table you mention. You roll for it, making it a variable. Then roll again for the Allies to see who gets the replacement.

Let me see if I get this straight....

Under para 13.5 and 13.6, it's not really a Variable Reinforcement Table? It's a Axis/Allied Replacement Table?

The OCS para 13.6 rules should say;

"Reinforcements are new units entering the game via either the Arrival Schedule or the Replacement Table."?

If I roll on the "Replacement Table" (aka Variable Reinforcement Table) and roll Faction, is the unit a Reinforcement or a Replacement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, a Replacement that's a reinforcement, used to rebuild a dead unit or replace strength to damaged units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon G
United States
Bossier City
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fly by Night wrote:
Yes, a Replacement that's a reinforcement

That's what drives me crazy about this game. Not a problem for those experienced with the game or who had a teacher, but for those trying to learn, this loose and inconsistent use of terminology is a constant headache.

- OCS rules, para 13.6 tells me to use a Variable Reinforcement Table.

- Tunisia rules, para 1.4 "Reinforcements" tells me to use a Variable Replacement Table

- Tunisia rules, para 2.1 and 3.1 "Reinforcements" tells me to use an Arrival Schedule

- And, after I finally figure that out, a Variable Reinforcement Table actually provides Replacements?

How can anyone be confused? shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, the variable replacements are used to reinforce (or replace) your forces I can understand your confusion with the wording switch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
GordoMG wrote:
Fly by Night wrote:
Yes, a Replacement that's a reinforcement

That's what drives me crazy about this game. Not a problem for those experienced with the game or who had a teacher, but for those trying to learn, this loose and inconsistent use of terminology is a constant headache.

- OCS rules, para 13.6 tells me to use a Variable Reinforcement Table.

- Tunisia rules, para 1.4 "Reinforcements" tells me to use a Variable Replacement Table

- Tunisia rules, para 2.1 and 3.1 "Reinforcements" tells me to use an Arrival Schedule

- And, after I finally figure that out, a Variable Reinforcement Table actually provides Replacements?

How can anyone be confused? shake

Something to point out to John Kisner for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.