Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a big fan of the new boxed board games GW have been putting out for the past year or so. I've picked up pretty much everything they've made during this period except for Imperial Knights (actually had the rules only for that for awhile) and Lost Patrol, which just didn't grab me gameplay-wise.

The new Warhammer Quest, however, really was another great addition to these new games. It's a lite-RPG style dungeon crawl and it comes with a small selection of heroes to explore the game. One way to expand that play has been by GW making stats for other models that already exist so you can plop them in the dungeon and play with new heroes.

September 2016's White Dwarf magazine (a relaunch of the magazine) included expanded game info for these new board games. That included a chaos slaughterpriest who had been joined a couple of months prior by a plague lord. The September issue actually included a free model so you can use the slaughterpriest and his card as soon as you build the model and make your own card (either photocopying it on to cardstock---something GW actually grant you written permission to do nowadays or by cutting up your magazine).

I was happy to find out that both the plague lord and the new slaughterpriest were included with this official card pack expansion. These cards are the same quality that come with the boxed game and really add a lot of variety to your stable of heroes. I've pasted a list of which characters they add so you can see for yourself.

Needless to say, I'm happy GW are providing official expansions like this and hope they will continue to do that with this and other recent board game releases. I enjoy their recent board games because they let me play in the GW settings that I like without having to invest several hundreds of dollars for an army. Ironically, after several releases, I've amassed an army of Space Marines without even playing 40k

Here's the list of characters. Happy adventuring in the Silver Tower.

Grot Shaman
Savage Orruk Warboss
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman
Orruk Warchanter
Necromancer
Nomad Prince
Assassin
Sorceress
Black Ark Fleetmaster
Loremaster
Unforged
Runelord
Warden King
Cogsmith
Battlemage
Auric Runemaster
Battlesmith
Grimwrath Berzerker
Skink Starpriest
Saurus Oldblood
Lord-Celestant
Lord-Castellant
Lord-Relictor
Knight-Azyros
Knight-Vexillor
Knight-Heraldor
Knight-Venator
Grey Seer
Skaven Warlord
Great Bray-Shaman
Lord of Plagues
Bloodstoker
Bloodsecrator
Slaughterpriest
Slaughterpriest With Hackblade and Wrath-hammer
Skullgrinder
Aspiring Deathbringer With Goreaxe and Skullhammer
Exalted Deathbringer With Impaling Spear
Exalted Deathbringer With Ruinous Axe
Lord of Chaos
Tzeentch Sorcerer Lord
Chaos Sorcerer Lord
Wight King
Skeletons (for the Necromancer to summon)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.