Subject: Wanting to Try This Out rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roland M
Philippines
Makati City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am wondering if this game will be fun or a fit for me and my partner.

We have played Luck and Logic (CCG) and Ashes, and we found both games to be fun. But we only play pre-constructed decks (as I don't think my partner would like to create her own deck).

The problem with both games is that there tends to be unbalance depending on the deck used. So I was looking for a more balanced game, in terms of maybe having the same cards and just varying in execution of the player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Check out Clockwork Wars. It's a pretty darn good dudes on a hex map Euro'ish steampunk game. Quick and fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, while you CAN construct decks in Pixel Tactics, the way it starts out is with each player having the same deck. Only the randomness of the draw affects how you're going to be different.

I think the game is heaps of fun but it's also heaps of craziness. Ashes is a great game, a better game, a more thoughtful game. Pixel is when you're in the mood for chaos. There is skill, but goofy stuff will happen and you'll get beaten by random luck or just by overlooking some OP move of your opponent. I'm glad I own both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Think of pixel tactics as playing Commander for Magic The Gathering but using all the most overpowered cards in the game. They are cheap enough to buy one set to see if you like it. One set is enough for 2 players to have a great time for many hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland M
Philippines
Makati City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Took me a while to notice that I don't get notifications for my own thread. O.O

I ordered a Deluxe box set and Pixel Tactics 1, and it was definitely fun. We didn't worry about any matching issues, so far we didn't run into any one sided matches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.