$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
27.7% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Mega Civilization» Forums » General

Subject: Two full games of Mega Civ in one day. Is that some kind of record? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lane Taylor
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I say full, I mean 16 turns, which is what we like to play for the end condition, on the basic AST.

They were small games, though, in numbers of players. The first game was only 5 players. We played on a single map board (basically the 'Intro game' but with all the normal calamities). That finished 16 turns in just under 6 hours.

We were playing at the local annual game convention RinCon (http://rincongames.com/) and a lot of people stopped by to watch, and expressed interest (I have a list of about 20 email addresses now...).

After we finished, two of the players (I though jokingly) asked to play again. One was a new player, and the other an experienced Adv. Civ player. We then found two of the other players who had expressed an interest earlier and invited them.

So the second game was played with 6 players, on the Eastern map. It felt much tighter, and there was a lot more conflict, but still fun.

We only actually played 15 turns that game, as one player had a family emergency and had to leave unexpectedly, and the others were feeling like we should just wrap up the turn.

The time for the second game was just over 6 hours when we ended, so would have been maybe another 45 mins to an hour to complete the 16th turn had it continued.

I'll post up an actual session review and scores later.

That was fun.

BTW, if anyone in the Tucson area is interested, one of the FLGS owners is going to be running a few intro games and then trying for a full 18 player game later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo de Haan
Netherlands
Heerhugowaard
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Sounds great!
But I'm afraid you're not the first... Hehehe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wylann wrote:
When I say full, I mean 16 turns, which is what we like to play for the end condition, on the basic AST.

They were small games, though, in numbers of players. The first game was only 5 players. We played on a single map board (basically the 'Intro game' but with all the normal calamities). That finished 16 turns in just under 6 hours.

We were playing at the local annual game convention RinCon (http://rincongames.com/) and a lot of people stopped by to watch, and expressed interest (I have a list of about 20 email addresses now...).

After we finished, two of the players (I though jokingly) asked to play again. One was a new player, and the other an experienced Adv. Civ player. We then found two of the other players who had expressed an interest earlier and invited them.

So the second game was played with 6 players, on the Eastern map. It felt much tighter, and there was a lot more conflict, but still fun.

We only actually played 15 turns that game, as one player had a family emergency and had to leave unexpectedly, and the others were feeling like we should just wrap up the turn.

The time for the second game was just over 6 hours when we ended, so would have been maybe another 45 mins to an hour to complete the 16th turn had it continued.

I'll post up an actual session review and scores later.

That was fun.

BTW, if anyone in the Tucson area is interested, one of the FLGS owners is going to be running a few intro games and then trying for a full 18 player game later.

I sent you a PM, I visit Tucson a few times a year.

Can you give me more info about FLGS owner?

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wylann wrote:

Sadly, I live nowhere near Tucson soblue however I do wonder, if you successfully play a full 18 player game of Mega Civ, would there be anything left to live for? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.