3,993 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
25.2% of Goal | 30 Days Left

Support:

Simon Hallberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
Hello all
As the title states, I've bought the game and I'm really enjoying it so far! There is just a few questions I have that I hope a more seasoned Warhammer player could answer.

1. When activating enemies in the shadows do I get to choose in which order I wish to activate them in? Or do I for example have to start with a face-up enemy in the shadows or go in a specific order?

2. Activating success tokens, I understand that you can have a maximum of 2 success tokens per card. And I think I understand that I have to use them before I roll the dice for that action. But does dice rolls count as success tokens as well? Meaning that if I get a burst roll for example and I already have 2 tokens on the card from an AID, does that burst roll do nothing?

3. Conditions, are they unlimited or do I discard them atfter use and never shuffle them in to the deck again?

4. Dungeon and gear cards discarded during the campaign. Do you not shuffle those in to the decks before quests unless you've used all the dungeons and gear cards? And do I understand it right that if I have to pick lets say a gear card from the discard pile I get to choose which piece of gear or is that drawn randomly?

I'd be thankful if some one knows the answers to thsese questions. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2. Everything counts, you can convert all successes and bursts rolled to tokens (that can't be kept after the action). Then use them all.

3. Conditions don't get shuffled they just sit on the side to be used as reference cards as needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gigin15 wrote:
Hello all
As the title states, I've bought the game and I'm really enjoying it so far! There is just a few questions I have that I hope a more seasoned Warhammer player could answer.

Welcome!

gigin15 wrote:
1. When activating enemies in the shadows do I get to choose in which order I wish to activate them in? Or do I for example have to start with a face-up enemy in the shadows or go in a specific order?

Enemies in the shadows can be activated in any order. If you've got some face down and some face up, you can choose which heroes will activate the known enemy and which will take the risk of the unknown.

gigin15 wrote:
2. Activating success tokens, I understand that you can have a maximum of 2 success tokens per card. And I think I understand that I have to use them before I roll the dice for that action. But does dice rolls count as success tokens as well? Meaning that if I get a burst roll for example and I already have 2 tokens on the card from an AID, does that burst roll do nothing?

Success tokens are just the physical chits earned through others aiding you, or a few other effects. Note success tokens even have a different icon to successes! Successes are the crossed axes (in black), success tokens are a black circle with a cut-out of the axes shape.

So you can only stock up two success tokens on an action, and when you take that action you have to decide before rolling whether you want to use any of the success tokens on it to add success results. but the successes provided by the tokens are added to the successes rolled, which are unlimited in number!

gigin15 wrote:
3. Conditions, are they unlimited or do I discard them atfter use and never shuffle them in to the deck again?

Firstly, conditions don't belong to a deck and aren't shuffled into anything - they're more like counters, but with rules text on them. You have four of each, which is enough for each character to be suffering the same condition at a given moment (noting that a character cannot have a duplicate copy of a single condition). When you lose a condition, it goes back to the supply, but they're still there throughout. You can't stop being sickened because you've already become sickened and cured it four times earlier this quest!

gigin15 wrote:
4. Dungeon and gear cards discarded during the campaign. Do you not shuffle those in to the decks before quests unless you've used all the dungeons and gear cards? And do I understand it right that if I have to pick lets say a gear card from the discard pile I get to choose which piece of gear or is that drawn randomly?

Dungeon cards never get shuffled back in (with the exception of the Warpstone, as printed on its text and on one of the quests). Even if the deck runs out, you don't reshuffle the discard pile - you just don't draw any more this game.

Gear cards similarly don't get shuffled back in - any that are discarded due to gear limits go to a discard pile. When you claim a gear card, you can either choose a specific gear card from the discard pile (your choice) or you can pick an unknown from the top of the deck. It's not random if chosen from the discard. I can't recall offhand if the gear discard pile would be reshuffled to form a new deck if it runs out during a quest, but I've never seen that come close to happening.

gigin15 wrote:
I'd be thankful if some one knows the answers to thsese questions. Thanks!

Hope that's all clear, but do say if not and we'll be happy to follow up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Hallberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
Thank you for the helpful answers. I appreciate it!
I might post in this thread again if I come across another rule I don't quite understand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron belmer
United States
Webster Groves
St Louis
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wait a sec, FACE DOWN shadow enemies activate during the enemy phase? Oops I've been playing this wrong apparently. I thought for sure they only activated if they were face up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno delprato
msg tools
question for me:
inflict from the shadow it's only 1 wounds or the total value of the ennemy attack ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron belmer
United States
Webster Groves
St Louis
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
redsox11091970 wrote:
question for me:
inflict from the shadow it's only 1 wounds or the total value of the ennemy attack ?

inflict is usually full value of their attack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark T
United States
Southern MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have a more general question: how long does the delve quest take on average?

I just got this game and after doing the tutorial I thought I would start with the delve quest before embarking on the campaign. Over an hour later I had resolved 2 out of the 8 or 9 location cards which suggests to me that I might have been at it for several hours more. As it was, I didn't have that kind of time so I put it away.
Related to that, how long do the individual scenarios in the campaign usually go? I want to make sure I have adequate time set aside when I pull this game out. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.