Alien vs Predator: The Hunt Begins» Forums » General

Subject: AVP facebook update from Jarek 2nd Oct 2016 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Park
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm not a member of the Facebook group but this was posted on the DakkaDakka forum thread by a member (Bubber), so I'm reposting here for those interested :

Quote:
Hi all, this is not the full update, as I am away due to personal issues and I cannot reach key people to clarify few points. However, the official statement will be made on our website blog within next few days and here are the key points you may be interested in. Please bear in mind, non of the changed will affect Kickstarters delivery.
1. There is a changed in Prodos Games LTD management structure.
2. New management’s priority is to finish AvP Kickstarter delivery asap, and the route-map is created in order to finish it off:
a) new stuff is being employed to increase capacity for manufacturing and customer service in order to improve communication with backers and shipping.
b) new management decision was to cancel many external casting work to increase capacity to finish AvP Kickstarter, as you may know, every item approved post March 16 needed to be manufactured for you.
c) nothing will be release to retail until the last backer receive their pledges.
d) slow shipping in last 2 months was caused by :
-holiday period and sick absence
- low capacity (too much work taken on by Prodos – issue addressed)
- issues with pledge manager – Prodos team needed to go through each individual pledge, and confirm it with shipping goods as Prodos have received feedback about double-shipping the same pledge to several backers. (addressed by Prodos)
- we had yearly VAT check and need to take a stocktake, that effectively cut out two weeks from our manufacturing/packing capacity.
3. Prodos is looking into tokens issue. This can only be addressed post Kickstarter.
4. 3D terrain is in external supplier 3D print and will be with us within weeks, it will be revealed and send to backers as soon as we start manufacturing it (3-4 weeks at max).
5. Wargaming book, the work on layout for the book is starting this week Monday, the book should be manufactured within 60 days, you will be able to see a preview PDF weeks before it goes to print.
6. Remaining items – Clear Predators, Marines tokens and multi parts models are in manufacturing and the stock in build up for shipping.
7. PLEASE check your pledge manger for address and same and SURNAME for shipping!
Other issues not related with Kickstarter that won’t affect you at all are:
- post Brexit (customs issues that may affect EU and USA customers post Brexit, it wont affect backers at all, however its a valid point as it will affect many current UK based Kickstarters if not delivered within a year or so)
- Prodos HQ relocation to USA
- moving from GBP as main currency to USD due to unsectarian position of GBP post Brexit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What kind of "stuff"?
Top stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
At this point I do not even remember exactly what was included in my initial pledge (If it bleeds, we can kill it x 1) and what should I have to receive yet ....

I think:

Predator ship extra tiles,
Sentry guns x2,
Female predator x1
(what else????)

Do these items have been released yet?

gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Park
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
You can log in to check your pledge here :
(also make sure you have the correct postal address and your full name on there) :

http://calc.prodos.co.uk/#login
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
mae68it wrote:
At this point I do not even remember exactly what was included in my initial pledge (If it bleeds, we can kill it x 1) and what should I have to receive yet ....

I think:

Predator ship extra tiles,
Sentry guns x2,
Female predator x1
(what else????)

Do these items have been released yet?

gulp

yes, I got mine last month, All those items have been released. Unfortunately, the ship tiles were a total rip-off and blatant lie. You paid a premium for 12 tiles, and no new missions. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I'm liking this new management .

Glad to see someone has their priorities in order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...

"New management’s priority is to finish AvP Kickstarter delivery asap, and the route-map is created in order to finish it off"

As opposed to the old managements priority, which was to take in as much cash as possible and to hell with the Kickstarter backers. Yep, I can support this change of management.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, not to just be negative for negativities sake here, but...

As long as Jarek has a direct hand in the management system, there will be no changes. As far as I can tell, he is the main reason that things have been so poorly run. Between his attitude and basic business sense, he hasn't the foggiest on how to run a company successfully. Hence the reason that they've been in such a poor state for such a long time.

Now, honestly, if I were to be proven wrong, I would be very happy! But I don't expect to be. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Grumpae wrote:

As long as Jarek has a direct hand in the management system, there will be no changes. As far as I can tell, he is the main reason that things have been so poorly run. Between his attitude and basic business sense, he hasn't the foggiest on how to run a company successfully. Hence the reason that they've been in such a poor state for such a long time.

Now, honestly, if I were to be proven wrong, I would be very happy! But I don't expect to be. whistle
Is it merely coincidence that this was announced while Jarek was away? Is it possible that pressure was placed on them by the license holder?

Jarek wrote:
c) nothing will be release to retail until the last backer receive their pledges.
This may be more telling than we realize... a company like this doesn't just grow a conscience overnight. Is there a unseen legal matter we aren't aware of?

Or is it simply someone in management finally realizes that this behavior is killing there credibility/sales?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumpae wrote:

Amen. I suspect the vocal pissed off AVP backers are effecting the bottom line and Jarek, even though he is a liar and a scum bag, is smart enough to realize he needs to put it to rest finally. I suspect some of the companies using Prodos/Archon for unicast stuff have discussed how Jarek's practices are also hurting their bottom line.

So, he'll lie and maybe even do what he needs to do to get past it. But he'll still be Jarek, and he still runs the company/companies or he would not be the one passing on the news. A real new management team would never let Jarek ever communicate with customers/backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dougisitosan wrote:
Is it merely coincidence that this was announced while Jarek was away? Is it possible that pressure was placed on them by the license holder?

Jarek made the announcement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ngoc Hai Pham
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I guess priority shifted now because they have money from the LOAD kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ngochai wrote:
I guess priority shifted now because they have money from the LOAD kickstarter.

Yep. If you followed the LOAD KS, Prodos' owners (ie. Jarek's family) created another company, Archon, whose management are, you guessed it, Jarek and his coworkers from Prodos. Prodos reduced its staff to four, and Archon increased its staff to thirty. With AvP, AvP funds were used to fulfill Warzone, Prodos' previous KS. The money to finish AvP doesn't materialize from thin air. One LOAD of guesses where this money is coming from.

May be off on a few details, so look on the LOAD BGG forum for info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boost3r .
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
is there some place to see a list of what is aproved up to March 16 and what isn't.
and a second list to see what is produced and what isn't.

I don't know if my package is not sent until for exemple the girl with the katana ( I can't remember her name), or the guy with the cigar are produced or if they are alredy produced.

with the new management what is the policy about returning the money, and call it a day?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike MacMartin
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, there's a small chance I might see anything from my KS pledge, then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Boost3r wrote:
is there some place to see a list of what is aproved up to March 16 and what isn't.
and a second list to see what is produced and what isn't.

I don't know if my package is not sent until for exemple the girl with the katana ( I can't remember her name), or the guy with the cigar are produced or if they are alredy produced.

with the new management what is the policy about returning the money, and call it a day?

Linn and Dutch were released. I recieved mine in August. I wouldnt hold your breath on a refund.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mmacmartin wrote:
So, there's a small chance I might see anything from my KS pledge, then?

Well Prodos have been sold to a US investment company according to an ex-director. They have stopped casting minis too. Whether the new owners will honour the KS remains to be seen.

I don't know how Jarek can show his face in public - he has lied and obfuscated for years now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claude nameless
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
Did you read the first post of this topic?
New management is focusing on solving AvP kickstarter problems so lot's hope everyone Will receive soon what they paied for.

If Jarek is no more the Prodos manager well this is a good news for everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ilgianni wrote:
Did you read the first post of this topic?
New management is focusing on solving AvP kickstarter problems so lot's hope everyone Will receive soon what they paied for.

If Jarek is no more the Prodos manager well this is a good news for everyone.

The quote in the first post is from Jarek, which means it may or may not be all true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T. Probst
Germany
Waghäusel
of the Art
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Maybe only "the next lie" to save time, avoid deliveries, do what they did before... NOTHING! yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Dupuis
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All this talk about new management and still no peep from them. Anyone has the foggiest idea who they are?

From what I've read on the facebook, it seems like it's still Jarek in charge. Only new investors in the company.

Then again, Word Forge Games announced that Prodos would stop it's operations and so they would mean that they would be one of the only companies in the UK offering the whole miniature process from start to finish:

Quote:
"Bringing Ben to the team also means that we can offer a complete service from Art, through Model design, to 3D Printing (yes we have one too) to mould making to resin casting. With the recent sale of Prodos Games to an investor company in the US and their announcement of divestment of casting services, this makes us the only company to offer the full service, from Inception to Actulisation!"

Link to the update here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wordforgegames/the-devi...

I wonder what this entails for other products like Warzone, Space Crusade et al.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ball
United Kingdom
Wyoming
flag msg tools
We have a fairly new games magazine in the UK (www.tabletopgaming.co.uk) I spotted this full page advert in their last 2 issues, and I wonder if this is the answer as to who the new owners of Prodos are?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ToneDeaf wrote:
We have a fairly new games magazine in the UK (www.tabletopgaming.co.uk) I spotted this full page advert in their last 2 issues, and I wonder if this is the answer as to who the new owners of Prodos are?

I think this answers a lot of questions. Should be very interesting to see how this progresses going forward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ninja Division has long been a "publisher" of AvP, so that could also explain the ad (although, if you've been following Dakka, "publisher" meant that ND was waiting for Prodos to ship them North American product, which ND would then ship to NA backers). If you go to the ND site, you can see AvP as one of the games it sells. Prodos' name is on the banner. So I'm thinking the magazine ad could just as well be a list that ND "publishes", rather than ND owns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stroker Ace
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got some more minis from my Kickstarter on the SPIEL '16 fair in Essen, Germany. Got my Predator Berserker, Facehugger, USCM Sentry Guns, Female Predator and Mayor Dutch Shaeffer. (Should be "Schaefer", guess FOX missed that one at approval). I have to admit, these are by far the best quality miniatures for a board game i have ever seen. The female Predator is just awesome.
I was told they are still producing and on track but need a little more time. So i can wait a little longer as long as i get the rest of my pledge.
What concerns me is the double shipping Jarek mentionend in his post. I do not want to know how many people got a double shipping and didn't tell...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.