Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dan parker
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincs England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very very excited that there is going to be even MORE Memoir 44, so I'm taking the opportunity to ask "WHERE AND WHEN?" first - to save others needing to post this inevitable question.

I was wondering if there might be any problems getting it here in the UK that people might know of, now that Days of Wonder's ownership has changed?

Rumour Mill anyone, gossip from local shops? Price?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olden
Wales
Cardiff
Cardiff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the Facebook page says December for EU and North America so I would hope they would start appearing around game shops in time for Christmas. I'm hoping this is the case anyway, I really want to get my first 8 player overlord game in during Christmas break.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inappropriate Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
warerare wrote:
Well the Facebook page says December for EU

Does that include the inevitable date-slip that all games seem to have?
Eagerly awaiting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan parker
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincs England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here, want to get it to play over the Xmas period, however work have kindly allowed me merely ONE day off aside from Xmas day and Boxing day, so it's not going to be much of a break. However, for new Memmerz 44 I'm more than prepared to stay up tooo late and just be tired at work satisfied with a battle well fought.

I also wonder if December might very well turn into early Jan, late Jan, shipping problems, Summer 2017 etc

The new model bits look too cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olden
Wales
Cardiff
Cardiff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping it doesn't require multiple eastern or pacific expansions. I have one of everything except the equipment pack which should be coming shortly. I also have an extra base set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan parker
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincs England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
warerare wrote:
I'm hoping it doesn't require multiple eastern or pacific expansions. I have one of everything except the equipment pack which should be coming shortly. I also have an extra base set.

Similar here, I have 1 x base, pacific, med, east, winter war, terrain pack and desert/winter boards. I can proxy bits from the equip pack i guess from Tide of iron or similar, and it's possible (with some memory power) to use the Breakthrough card deck (by taking some out) to run an Overlord with the original command deck as well. Just takes a crib sheet.

I'd like to play a Breakthrough, because apart from using them to play overlord, i've NEVER played Breakthrough! argh!

It might not look pretty, but I think I can run this new expansion alright Never know, Santa might get me the proper Overlord cards...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
justin hirst
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Gentlemen,

Always remember, Memoir 44 is not just for Christmas...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan parker
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincs England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hirsty wrote:
Gentlemen,

Always remember, Memoir 44 is not just for Christmas...

lolololoololollool

Now i've accidentally thought of loads of unloved M44 base sets huddled in shop doorways and sat on park benches in a cold January after the Xmas glow, starved of expansions and extra maps. So sad....

Just £39.99 a month can help these games, and provide them with a loving home, a warm cupboard and pair of hands to roll their cold, cold, dice.

I've gone too far now

I apologise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
justin hirst
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Well written sir

Although I suspect future expansions may not follow your suggested release timeline.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hirsty wrote:
Well written sir

Although I suspect future expansions may not follow your suggested release timeline.

I'm just hoping there are future releases !

Although they are saying it's the first of Series II so fingers crossed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Idiot
Scotland
Manhattan
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we bribe them to slip in an Operation Market Garden Overlord Battle Map? We don't need any minis, just the sweet, sweet map...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inappropriate Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
littleidiot wrote:
Can we bribe them to slip in an Operation Market Garden Overlord Battle Map? We don't need any minis, just the sweet, sweet map...

Whilst we're on the subject of Market-Garden pipedreams... I'd also love a larger scale map of Arnhem spanning from the bridge in the East through Oosterbeek to the landing zones near Wolfheze. That'd keep me happy for quite a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Idiot
Scotland
Manhattan
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InappropriateAndy wrote:

Whilst we're on the subject of Market-Garden pipedreams...

Quoted for truth!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Varotto
msg tools
mb
Since it's a Pacific front setting I hope that they will reprint Pacific theater expansion, I'm struggling to get it
It's out of stock everywhere

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Trinket
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw this post, so excited to hear there is more to come. I'd love to see some more ANZAC battles. Hopefully this will be easily obtainable down under for Xmas as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inappropriate Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InappropriateAndy wrote:
warerare wrote:

Eagerly awaiting!

Info in this thread suggests the release date has slipped to Feb 2017:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1672713/new-expansion-a...

BOOOOO cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan parker
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincs England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InappropriateAndy wrote:
InappropriateAndy wrote:
warerare wrote:

Eagerly awaiting!

BOOOOO cry

Argh NOOO!

that's Xmas ruined then

Valentines day battles perhaps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inappropriate Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danevilparker wrote:
InappropriateAndy wrote:
InappropriateAndy wrote:
warerare wrote:

Eagerly awaiting!

BOOOOO cry

Argh NOOO!

that's Xmas ruined then

Valentines day battles perhaps?

Sorry to put a damper on your romantic plans but apparently (for a short period) Amazon quoted the 28th Feb.

I hope you can find another bloodthirsty way to woo that special someone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan parker
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincs England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well well well, that just so happens to be my birthday... so....

not such bad timing after all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
justin hirst
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Valentines Day and your birthday eh....

May I suggest you forgo the usual exuberance of partaking of food in outside eateries with loved ones, but instead persuade them to play a, not insignificant game of monopoly Memoir 44.

Not just any simple scenario, but one fitting 14th Feb.

On the DOW SFTF, there is an over-through / breaklord scenario of Battle of Kasserine Pass, authored by jdrommel no less. (You need to search for both the right and left boards). Where the battle commenced on 14th Feb.

A mere 48 medals required.

This should allow more than enough time to pass for spiked anxiety levels to reduce caused by waiting for DoW to overcome whatever printing challenges they are facing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurizio Bertuzzi
Italy
MILANO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you know that the back of battle map "Tigers in the Snow" is "Operation Market Garden"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Curley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Literally just checked the Cool Stuff Inc. site and they have a Dec 16' release date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan parker
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincs England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hirsty wrote:
Valentines Day and your birthday eh....

May I suggest you forgo the usual exuberance of partaking of food in outside eateries with loved ones, but instead persuade them to play a, not insignificant game of monopoly Memoir 44.

Not just any simple scenario, but one fitting 14th Feb.

On the DOW SFTF, there is an over-through / breaklord scenario of Battle of Kasserine Pass, authored by jdrommel no less. (You need to search for both the right and left boards). Where the battle commenced on 14th Feb.

A mere 48 medals required.

This should allow more than enough time to pass for spiked anxiety levels to reduce caused by waiting for DoW to overcome whatever printing challenges they are facing.

An excellent idea , we actually first started playing M44 around a Valentines day in the dusty past, and were immediately fans. In fact so much so that by the time the wife's b'day came around a couple of months later, I created her a M44 themed cake - which she was very happy about

It was all snowy and had a bridge spanning between between two cakes I made from clay, and some little clay ruins for toy soldier men to hide in, having a firefight across the bridge. It is one of my crowning husbandly achievements.

48 medals in one night though.... might be a biit of a tall order

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.