Hoyuk» Forums » Rules

Subject: Confused with Rule addition for advance game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MC Chan
Taiwan
flag msg tools
In P.16.
First addition is about to "INSPECT THE NUMBER OF CATTLE PLACED IN THE PENS ATTACHED TO PLAYERS' HOUSES"
Is this rule be counted for ALL blocks or block by block?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Roberts
United Kingdom
Burton On Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Sysop of "Big Bang Burger Bar" Forum (www.bigbangburgerbar.co.uk)
badge
Organiser of "Raiders of the Game Cupboard" (www.raidersofthegamecupboard.co.uk)
mbmbmbmbmb
Whether you are working out if the player wins an aspect card or final scoring you inspect block by block.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Chan
Taiwan
flag msg tools
For Phase 3, Winner will get an aspect card.
If counted for ALL blocks, only one player could get one card during phase 3.
That seem to not consistent with other method to get an aspect card from aspect slots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Roberts
United Kingdom
Burton On Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
badge
Organiser of "Raiders of the Game Cupboard" (www.raidersofthegamecupboard.co.uk)
mbmbmbmbmb
A Block is made of all adjacent houses, pens and ruined houses, regardless of colour.

Phase 3: ASPECT CARDS
Each block is inspected for who wins the Top card for each applicable aspect. First block checked is picked by 1st player then in turn order. Only blocks with 2 or more different clan families in can be inspected. Ties broken by Aspects on or attached to the most 2nd floors, remaining ties no-one gets card

Final Inspection:
In each block the clan with the largest family scores 1pt for each of their houses
(Ties broken by most 2nd Floors, if still tied no one gets points)

Cattle Rules: [Advanced Game]
Only placed in your Pens, with max of one per pen. Returned to stock if attached house is ruined. End Game: Clan with most cattle in block gets 1pt for each of their cattle (Ties broken by most 2nd Floors with pens, if still tied no one gets points)

Villagers Rules: [Advanced Game]
Only placed in your Houses, with a max of one per house Returned to stock if house is ruined. Can build an oven or shrine where you have Villagers but not all three. End Game: Clan with most villagers in block gets 1pt for each of their villagers (Ties broken by most 2nd Floors with villagers, if still tied no one gets points)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Chan
Taiwan
flag msg tools
Thank you for explanation about general rule for getting an aspect card and final scoring method with two added rules for Advanced Game.

But my point is that other methods to get an aspect card described in RULEBOOK is checked from each block, except cattle.

I just pasted original sentences from PDF: "1. DURING PHASE 3, INSPECT THE NUMBER OF CATTLE PLACED IN THE PENS ATTACHED TO YOUR HOUSES. THE PLAYER THAT OWNS THE MOST CATTLE WINS AN ASPECT CARD. IF SEVERAL PLAYERS HAVE THE SAME AMOUNT OF CATTLE IN THEIR PENS, THE ASPECT CARD IS AWARDED TO THE PLAYER HAVING THE MOST CATTLE PLACED IN PENS WHICH ARE ATTACHED TO 2-STORY HOUSES. AGAIN, IN THE CASE OF ATIE, NO PLAYER RECEIVES AN ASPECT CARD. (IN THE EXAMPLE A TO THE LEFT, BOTH PLAYERS ARE TIED FOR PENS AND CATTLE. THE BLUE PLAYER GETS 1 ASPECT CARD FROM THE A BLOCK BECAUSE HIS CATTLE IS PLACED IN A PEN ATTACHED TO A 2-STORY HOUSE.)"

In these words, inspection for the number of cattle seem to not limited to each block.

And second added rule: "2. DURING PHASE 3, INSPECT THE NUMBER OF VILLAGERS TOKENS ON YOUR HOUSES IN EACH BLOCK. THE PLAYER THAT OWNS THE MOST VILLAGERS IN EACH BLOCK WINS AN ASPECT CARD. IF THERE IS A TIE, THEN THE ASPECT CARD IS AWARDED TO THE PLAYER HAVING THE MOST VILLAGERS ON A 2-STORY HOUSE. IF A TIE REMAINS, THEN NO ASPECT CARD IS AWARDED. (IN THE EXAMPLE B, THE YELLOW PLAYER GETS 1 ASPECT CARD FROM THE B BLOCK BECAUSE HIS VILLAGER IS PLACED ON THE HIGHEST HOUSE.)"

Inspection for the number of villagers is limited in each block described in sentences.

That's why I confused with.

Does this added rule about cattle "TRULY" focus on ALL BLOCK when block inspection or just I misunderstand?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Roberts
United Kingdom
Burton On Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As written it is open to interpretation but I'm sure the intent is that cattle aspect cards are dealt with in the same way as all the others. Certainly that is the way I have played it.

The summary rules I listed are from my player aid that has passed through Mage for correct interpretation.

I think this is all down to them missing out the reference to block in that section. If you look at the Cattle rules on page 17 it explains the end game scoring for them. Inspection for end game scoring for both villages and cattle is done the same way block by block.

So the fact end game scoring for villagers is done the same way as its aspect cards implies the same is true for Cattle.

So in summary Win aspect cards and End game points for cattle block by block.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Chan
Taiwan
flag msg tools
Thank you for explanation.
Finally I know how to play Hoyuk with advanced rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.