Arcadia Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Are there any "must buy" heroes? (Need help with purchase) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
steffan kristensen
msg tools
Hello everyone.

I've just purchased the game today.
I'm currently looking at extra heroes (Because variety is always good)and have found one webshop in my country that sells a bunch of them.

They are somewhat expensive though, and I can't afford them all. So I wanted to ask the experts if some of them are more "must have" than others?

I know that some of you might suggest that I just play the core game a few times and then decide if I want extra heroes, but there's very few in stock (1-4) and I'm afraid of missing out

The ones for sale in the shop are:

- Farfalla
- Haldor & Brenna
- Hassan
- Leeroy
- MC Hammer (Wont touch this!)
- NIbbles
- Pigsy
- Tiaret & Mittens
- Yun
- Zahra

BTW. Most of them are priced at 16 USD. The double packs are a little more expensive, and Pigsy is a whooping 34,5 USD! Are those reasonable prices? (Core game costs around 90USD here for comparison)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nibbles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Kasper
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Pigsy is KS exclusive so I guess it is ok for him to be more expansive. If you are going for a complete set it would be a good oppirtunity to pick him up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steffan kristensen
msg tools
andlord wrote:
I think Pigsy is KS exclusive so I guess it is ok for him to be more expansive. If you are going for a complete set it would be a good oppirtunity to pick him up

I'm not looking to complete the entire collection. I just want 4-6 extra heroes to add more variety to the game
Therefore I'm looking for the heroes who are the most fun/interesting to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Penrose
United States
Derby
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you just want new abilities and not necessarily the models, you can always use the ability overlays that somebody created. Then, you can use the other hero abilities without having to pay a lot for the model.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/114242/promo-and-extras-h...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
If you're only asking which are decent heroes and which aren't worth getting (if you're not a completionist) I'd say:

Good:
Hassan
Brenna
Mittens
Yun

Take it or Leave it:
Leeroy
Haldor
Farfalla
McHammer
Nibbles
Tiaret
Zahra

Don't Bother:
Pigsy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leeroy is a must for a former WoW player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nibbles is my absolute favorite. Mostly I just love the idea of being a giant, hulking, killer-bunny, but his ability is also really amazing in early scenario's.

Leeroy I find to be a very well rounded hero, good stats and a solid ability that will generally be active. Also, it gets people cracking WoW jokes right off the bat.

I'm fortunate enough to have the Guild Box so I haven't picked up any others. Generally though I'd go for the double boxes for better value. You just want a little variety mostly. Or better yet, pick up an expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nandy Velez

Puerto Rico
msg tools
mb
I have almost all of them. Only missing Pigsy and Bob.

You don't need this many. They really do not add so much content as to be worth spending so much at the current prices they are in.

You can still contact Coolmini and ask them if they will open up a pledge master and late pledge for Inferno, that will give you lots and I mean A TON of extra heroes for $100 plus shipping.

They have not created shipping labels as of a few weeks ago so you might still be in time plus they are very friendly and helpful. PM me if you need their contact number.

Also, there are a lot of great minis out there that you can use as proxies and just use the abilities you like.

Amazon prime has Super Dungeon Explorer for $65 free shipping and there are some pretty models you can use for heroes there. I am sure I have seen cards made by people on these forums for those characters already.

There are some Arcadia Quest Custom Card Creators online to help you make your own cards ( I Just take official cards that have already been "Balanced" and just apply the ability onto another character I have a mini for.

Check here on BBG for people who might have Arcadia Quest coregame for spare parts. From the core game you can pick up an extra Goblin, Orc, Lord Fang, and the Pain and Pleasure sisters.
That's 5 more heroes and you can print their cards from Arcadiaquest.com.

Some of the characters have a playing value and collectors value, its not the same. Pigsy is crazy expensive, and if you want to complete your collection you might consider it ( not at current prices) Yet a lot of people have said online that he is a weak character and not many wish to play him.

Nibbles on the other hand, I have seen for $10 often on ebay ( Free shipping) And not only is he a crazy looking figure, he is fun to play and a total bad-ass in game.

Unless there's a specific model you really like, go for proxies, print out the cards on thick cardstock and sleeve them so they feel like everything else. ( Card sleeves on miniature market are on sale right now for $3)

Sorry for the wall of text. Hope this helps a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nandy Velez

Puerto Rico
msg tools
mb
Oh and Beyond the Grave? We just started playing it and love it. Really has its own flavor and adds a lot of content. Plus 2 more heroes.

Not tried Nameless yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Gamgan wrote:
I have almost all of them. Only missing Pigsy and Bob.

You don't need this many. They really do not add so much content as to be worth spending so much at the current prices they are in.

You can still contact Coolmini and ask them if they will open up a pledge master and late pledge for Inferno, that will give you lots and I mean A TON of extra heroes for $100 plus shipping.

Also, you can try and grab Masmora. It will also give you additional heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.