GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 102.87

6,474 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
40.8% of Goal | left

Support:

Battle Droid
Australia
flag msg tools
For example on the Iconic Hero, Elven Scimitar, it has its second power as, "If you have the Magus trait, recharge this card to succeed at your check against a spell."

This only applies when you attempt to acquire a spell and not if you are trying to recharge a spell - correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It applies to both acquiring and recharging the spell. "Against a spell" means any check required by that spell. So if the check is printed on the spell card, it helps with that.

WotR Rulebook p11 wrote:
If a card refers to a check against another card, that refers to any check required by that card, whether it’s a check to defeat, a check to acquire, a check to recharge, or any other check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Battle Droid
Australia
flag msg tools
I read that previously and somehow confused myself with the "another card" statement, but it really is pretty clear. Thank you for setting me straight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.