3 Posts

Blood Rage: Mystics of Midgard» Forums » Rules

Subject: German translation just incorrect! [Not, resolved] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This expansion was expensive for me... really expensive!

Three ability cards to translate... one German Card completely screwed:

English (Odin's Chosen):
Quote:
Your mystics may invade a village occupied by a warrior or mystic, destroying that figure.

This means that one figure can be destroyed. Also Tom Vasel is explaining it this way in his review video.

On the German card, and now fasten your seat belt:
Quote:
Deine Mystiker dürfen von Kriegern oder Mystikern besetzte Dörfer invadieren und diese dabei zerstören.

Quote:
Your mystics may invade a village occupied by warriors or mystics and destroy them.

Destroy all instead of just one? Really?
Even the word "zerstören" is used inconsistently, because on German cards always "töten" is used.

Guys, honestly, what are you doing? I was searching almost one year to get a German (multilingual) copy of this expansion. And now I just realize that it is not usable!

This is not the first time, I am very disappointed with Blood Rage and related products. Exclusives, translations, ..., it's a mess. What shall I do now? Print my own cards, correcting this game breaking error?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: German translation just incorrect!
Mh, also ich verstehe die Übersetzung so, wie es auch im englischen Original gemeint ist. Du darfst Dörfer invadieren (ein Dorf ist ein einzelnes Feld für eine Figur) und bei dieser Aktion die Figur, die vorher da war, zerstören. Ich denke das "dabei" sagt doch genau aus, dass man nur die Figuren zerstören darf, in deren Dorf man gerade einmarschiert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: German translation just incorrect!
Thanks a lot, you saved my day

My issue was, that I was not aware that a single spot on the board is called a village (reading the rulebook is a longer time ago). I thought that again regions are meant like for some monsters. So mystics could kill another minor figure in one region, which is empty otherwise. "Replacing" a figure on just one spot even makes more sense. The fact that the German card uses plural instead of singular is completely irrelevant then.

Ok, I also have to explain newbies what villages are. I skipped this so far

Sorry, my bad! I spent my money for the right thing! Thumbs up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.