1 , 2  Next »   | 

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » General

Subject: The game is officially out rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
The game is officially out in the US, BUT it will be trickling Into stores over the next couple of weeks.

GF9 said on thier facebook page:

So it's finally coming out but how they are doing it is a little lack luster. I wish I knew when it would be out in my store so I could do an event....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. They definitely bungled the release. Happy it's coming out; hope this lackluster release and some lukewarm reviews don't crash this game before it can get going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Look
United States
Coventry
CT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't let the few lukewarm reviews scare you. I played the game on Saturday and am happy to say it's excellent. Yeah, there's downtime, but there's downtime in TI3 and the later half of Eclipse. I like ST:A better than both of those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can confirm: the game is great. Easily one of the best games in my collection. I'm placing pre-orders for the expansions today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, I've had it for a month or so. The game is great! The only problem is that it's hard to play more than 1 game in a day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Sena
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
browncoat2814 wrote:
Don't let the few lukewarm reviews scare you. I played the game on Saturday and am happy to say it's excellent. Yeah, there's downtime, but there's downtime in TI3 and the later half of Eclipse. I like ST:A better than both of those.

I'm ok with downtime. 3p only is hard to justify though...

Most of my gaming time is 2p, sometimes it is possible to get another couple to game, but 3p is right out.

I want this game, but there is no point in me buying another game I won't ever get to play...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
helmbreaker wrote:
Most of my gaming time is 2p

Might I recommend Android Netrunner?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
helmbreaker wrote:
browncoat2814 wrote:

Most of my gaming time is 2p, sometimes it is possible to get another couple to game, but 3p is right out.

I want this game, but there is no point in me buying another game I won't ever get to play...

you can play this just fine 2p. it plays pretty fast too with little downtime with only 2p. the problems are essentially balance, without the 3rd player to provide it. however my girl and i still find it very enjoyable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Neumann
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any somewhat educated estimate when it will get to Miniature Market?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Spenner
United States
Waynesville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm similar - the vast majority of my gaming is 2 player (me and the wife) with the largest runner up option being solo gaming (don't judge). If you have the added couple option, why not opt for an expansion so you can play 4 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Spenner
United States
Waynesville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neumann wrote:
Any somewhat educated estimate when it will get to Miniature Market?

I was just there this past Thursday and they didn't know...the guy said they didn't have it there and wasn't sure when they'd get it in. He figures "the next week or two" since the site says "estimated September-October".

I'm (not so) patiently awaiting my own preorder from them...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hale
United States
Harvest
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
CSI is now showing Oct/Nov Been waiting so long!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Jensen

Arizona
msg tools
Yep, I was finally able to get a copy from a FLGS. What I fine odd is that my normal store has not been able to order it from their supplier yet, but the store I got it from on Friday said that this was actually their second shipment of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just guessing this maybe is the punishment for not pre-ordering it from their website and the crazy price they had on it. So we will wait and wait and wait and play their game.(or is it not play their game)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
helmbreaker wrote:
browncoat2814 wrote:

Hey now - you're starting to sound like my wife... I'm hoarding these games to play in the nursing home one day! I'm sure I can find some folks to game with there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Caspar0 wrote:

I pre-ordered it from CSI months ago before they shut down pre-orders. But have heard nothing yet. So I'm wondering if they got shorted and ran out before shipping the original pre-orders? Or they were completely removed from the first printing and waiting for a second run? Just hope I didn't miss out on the first printing extra cards.

It would not surprise me if online stores got cut from the first printing shipments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
Perry
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Wound up canceling CSI and getting it from amazon at MSRP but with points came down to about $50. Odd release

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Spenner
United States
Waynesville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bmayer wrote:
Wound up canceling CSI and getting it from amazon at MSRP but with points came down to about $50. Odd release

Rookie question...CSI?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
Perry
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Coolstuffinc

HvKjr wrote:
bmayer wrote:

Rookie question...CSI?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
Caspar0 wrote:

I pre-ordered it from CSI months ago before they shut down pre-orders. But have heard nothing yet. So I'm wondering if they got shorted and ran out before shipping the original pre-orders? Or they were completely removed from the first printing and waiting for a second run? Just hope I didn't miss out on the first printing extra cards.

It would not surprise me if online stores got cut from the first printing shipments.

I also preordered it through CSI. I wouldn't be surprised if you were right. The snubbing of OL (friendly) GS is getting pretty darned irritating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Spenner
United States
Waynesville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great...another site to bookmark and take my money...thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
My local store has it for sale too. Though I can't afford to pay $50 more than online in this case. I'm all for supporting local, but at odd times the markup is aggressive :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Neumann
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info! I hope we get it soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Parker
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
I also pre-ordered from CSI. I asked them on their FB page back in June specifically if that included orders from Online retailers. Their answer was vague, but in the affirmative. If the box I pre-ordered doesn't come with the the pre-order bonus, I will have learned my lesson about pre-ordering GF9 games. Which sucks, because I love their games. But with so few useful updates for those of us who can't afford to fly to a gaming convention, I'm seriously disappointed. My disappointment stems mostly from what appears to me as deliberate vagueness of their answer to my query.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris O
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
When I asked at Gencon thry basically guaranteed that all preorders would receive the bonus, regardless of ehere it was placed as the entire first production run from the factory would be getting the bonus cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.