flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
who cares?
Thoughts?
Meaningless horse hockey?

I hope they ask Pence about "the gays" or evolution or how old the earth is. I'm betting he'll say "you'll have to ask DJT that"... a LOT.

Since HRC is fatally ill it MIGHT be important!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, and thanks *entirely* to the Onion (which covers 100% of what I know about Tim Kaine), I have such a hard time taking him seriously...

(Subtitled: "When Tim gets all crazy like this, you just have to let him wear himself out")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife asked me about Pence. I'll sum up my description thusly 'worse than Trump politically but less of an asshole'.

With DJT's infinite capacity for word fuckery. I'd hate to be him right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bird
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump has gotten so much press that people have overlooked the fact that Pence is genuinely a terrible candidate as well. He's not terribly bright, his approval ratings in Indiana are lousy, and he's got a long, long track record of stupidity that can be easily challenged in a debate (like, say, publishing articles in the 90s which suggested that employers should refuse to hire gay people).

Pence will dogmatically stick to his talking points and his fellow-travellers will say it's a win, but the simple truth is that in order to actually win, Pence has to convince people who aren't currently voting for the Trump ticket to vote Trump instead, and that's going to be a tall order for him. On account of he's really not terribly bright.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
My wife asked me about Pence. I'll sum up my description thusly 'worse than Trump politically but less of an asshole'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
During the Economic Club of New York speech that Trump gave, Pence was there as well, and between Trump's speech and Trump's "fireside chat" the assembled high-muckety-mucks on the dais were served their uppity lunch. While everyone else stood solemnly & listened to the host transition from one segment to the next (this was when Trump insulted the teleprompter kid, if you read my previous RSP post on the topic) Pence sat down and immediately began chowing down hard on the meal. He had a look on his face that indicated he would rather be anywhere on planet Earth than there, and also, "I am fucking hungry now! You tools can stand on ceremony, I am tearing into this veal because fuck my life." It was funny and sad at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

His eyes often appear in shadow. It's weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Apart from his appalling record on LGBT rights, abortion, and other social issues, Pence is on the record supporting big tobacco against claims that their product hurts people:

Mike Pence wrote:
Time for a quick reality check. Despite the hysteria from the political class and the media, smoking doesn’t kill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the personality front it is interesting to see a role reversal. As The Onion lampoons Kaine has a pile of energy whe4eas Pence makes Gore look animated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
who cares?
Thoughts?

I hope they ask Pence about "the gays" or evolution or how old the earth is. I'm betting he'll say "you'll have to ask DJT that"... a LOT.

Since HRC is fatally ill it MIGHT be important!
This year yes.

A good VP performance might undo some of the damage the main candidate can do. A bad performance will reinforce the idea that a given candidate is too dangerous to elect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Who's going to "win"?
Pence
kaine
      18 answers
Poll created by rcbevco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTING IS RIGGED IN "SOME AREAS" #INPEACH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm Jon Snow when it comes to Pence and Kaine.

I have the slightest impression Kaine is more conservative than Clinton.

I did know Pence started his character with a "Hard Right Conservative" template and took the Disad "pro tobacco" for extra points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
rcbevco wrote:
who cares?
Thoughts?

I'm expecting a heck of a contest but at this stage I don't expect any particular winner or loser.

Pence clearly has a better grasp on everything from economics to foreign policy than Kaine, though Kaine has a couple of good points to make on defending Obamacare.

Time waster wise I expect Kaine to try to needle Pence into wasting time defending Trump on all kinds of things real and imaginary, and I expect Pence to continue asking Kaine about Hillary's economic fantasies. I really hope neither does this; I want to judge how well each can handle the job of being President, I don't want to hear them try to speak for somebody else.

Sure do love this election! Absolutely seat-of-the-pants....what a remarkable place for our Republic to be!

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Tune in tonight to find out that Mike Pence is a dork!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
bbenston wrote:
VOTING IS RIGGED IN "SOME AREAS" #INPEACHCOBBLER
cool *Secret Missive* within INSIDE!:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
DRINK MORE OVALTINE with PEACH COBBLER
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
Absolutely seat-of-the-pants....

Perhaps as far as what will Trump do next, but this has been the most stable election polling wise in history.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
10/₆
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Sometimes, the dark side overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature"
mb
The most I know about Pence is when my Aunt from Indiana told me she hoped he gets chosen for VP, just so he has to quit being Governor.(apparently, in Indiana you can't run and stay in Office)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Eig
United States
Huntington
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Around 7 PM EDT, two hours before the debate starts, the Republican Party already had their victory announcement live on the web.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/10/04/th...

Oops.

My favorite is "5 Questions Tim Kaine Wasn't Asked"... probably because the answer is - because the debate hasn't started yet?

Also - expect to see a lot from Pence on The Economy and Clinton Scandals. Wonder what Kaine is preparing for now?

LOL

EDIT: cached copy on the web archives:
http://web.archive.org/web/20161004230652/https://gop.com/who-won-the-vice-presidential-debate/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Eig
United States
Huntington
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
On the plus side, now no one has to watch the debate to see the outcome. Lord knows, I'm not LOL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Not even Brock Samson can save Mike Pence from being a dork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.