Subject: What is the absolute, very next game you are purchasing and why? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Graves
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have ordered Brew Crafters. After watching a few videos and reading some reviews, this looks like a great Euro game with a theme that I love! Should be arriving within the next couple days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
10/₆
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Sometimes, the dark side overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature"
mb
1846. Because GMT charged my credit card, and I have no choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XCOM: Evolution. Because I am having such a blast playing the base game and the content of the expansion intrigues me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An Infamous Traffic, because Cole Wehrle's Pax Pamir was one of the finest game designs I've played in a long, long time, and this one's got a very interesting theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Defenders of the Last Stand probably. Looks like my kind of co-op and i haven't purchased a co-op in a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McKinney
United States
Kingsville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Betrayal at the House on the Hill: Widows Walk, it's my niece's favorite game and Halloween is coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan St. John
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terraforming Mars. I had a blast playing it at Gen Con and it just came in at board game bliss! It can't get here fast enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica Bennett
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
The Red Dragon Inn: Gambling? I'm In! most likely, probably accompanied by Red Dragon Inn sets 1, 2, or 4. I really don't like the gambling in the base game, so we're hoping that the gambling games might improve the experience! I also really want the character Gog, and my husband some others, so we may get one of the other character expansions as well. That is, unless I manage to find a copy of Pandemic Iberia first!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Prather
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Indigo
Because my 5 year old loves mazes and I think he would like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin "Coop" Cooper
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
Just Coop.
badge
What?
mbmbmbmbmb
Legendary Encounters: Firefly.

I love Legendary Encounters. I love Firefly. (I hate the terrible art but not enough to dissuade me from the game). Why not get my 5th (what?!?) game in the Legendary System?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
it's an expansion but next purchase is Betrayal at House on the Hill: Widow's Walk

next game purchase is Blood Rage because it's on the top of my "to get" list plus it seems to awesome not to have zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Becker
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
rsj77 wrote:
Terraforming Mars. I had a blast playing it at Gen Con and it just came in at board game bliss! It can't get here fast enough.

The praise for this game has me eagerly anticipating my copy, which arrives today!

Next game? I'm thinking Inis or Mechs vs. Minions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcpherson
Canada
Sarnia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have nothing specific coming up but yesterday I picked up Jambo, Le Havre, and Subdivision. Got a good deal on all three.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HenningK
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have absolutely no idea, because there is nothing I really want right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Korner
United States
Tomah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Feast for Odin is the only thing I have preordered right now and it looks terrific.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Check out Clockwork Wars. It's a pretty darn good dudes on a hex map Euro'ish steampunk game. Quick and fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
The very next game that catches my eye.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Breckenridge
United States
Richmond
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got preorders in at amazon for Dominion: Update Pack and Dominion: Intrigue Update Pack. Why? Because I'm a completist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mechs vs. Minions because the production quality is ridiculous and I love programming games. Bonus is it's co-op which takes some of the frustration in programming games out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Themistoklis Dakanalis
Greece
Heraklion
Crete
flag msg tools
Avid Euro Gamer
badge
Novice Board Game Designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfair is a tableau building game with an amusement park theme !!! Great theme, huge replayability many cool themed decks and last but not least great mechanisms!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Fahey
United States
Murrieta
California
flag msg tools
Just kickstarted Eschaton because I love eldritch horror and deck building games so I thought it'd be a perfect fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
Already pre-ordered Love Letter Premium because I can always get a group that wants to play that at one of our relatives home!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Selkirk
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
THE VICKSBURG CAMPAIGN from Deer Valley Game Company.

1) I'm a long time serious student of the ACW
2) I really like the campaign
3) I like Greg Meyers work on THE GETTYSBURG CAMPAIGN and think he probably did as good a job on Vicksburg
4) I want to see how it compares with my own MISSISSIPPI FORTRESS by Clash of Arms Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New Angeles. Up to 6 players in 2 hours? Asymmetric? Hidden objectives? Semi Cooperative? Android setting?

YES PLEASE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Viticulture Essential Edition - if I don't get it as a gift first. I played the "collectors edition" (I have an excellent friend!) - and have loved the game ever since. My wife and sons enjoy it as well. For a long time I thought I would never be able to acquire both parts, but with Tuscany Essential Edition coming out later this year, I plan on purchasing Viticulture: EE and then asking for the expansion for my birthday (in March) or Father's Day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
steven1mac wrote:
Betrayal at the House on the Hill: Widows Walk, it's my niece's favorite game and Halloween is coming.

I can't wait for this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.