Subject: is there just me? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gary gee
United Kingdom
west yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there just me that prefers vanilla zombicide over BP ?

don't get me wrong,BP is a good game and has a couple of tweaks to make it "slightly different" from this one..but theme wise it just doesn't cut it... whereas this one you have so much variety of missions because of the setting.
I'm seriously thinking of putting my BP and abomination bosses addon up for trade.as I don't really play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Actually those tweaks and the setting are what does it for me. Enjoy it, that is. I especially like the chance at a save in melee.

But I can totally understand how the Medieval Fantasy Setting might turn a few players off.

I do also really enjoy the modern Zombicide. Especially Rue Morgue. Right now it's a 60/40 for me. Will see how the next KS (assuming there will be) and how the game ages.

~Will
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i feel BP a better version gamewise, though noise is almost redundant now.
i like how the tiles feel bigger with the standard zone size of 1/9 square, there's more distance this way.

a modern zombicide with a better effect of armor as in BP would be better.

for theme, its a question of taste i think, some prefer fantasy while others the modern setting.

maybe they went a bit over the top with the new abominations in BP (the models are a bit exagerated but their abilities are nice), but the necromancers add a new dimension to the game ie there's more to the zombies than before (though they should cast spells on the heroes for good measure).
the ranged deadeyes definitely make you rethink your strategy.

BP doesnt yet have the wide variety in board tiles, which may be what you refer to but im sure cmon will expand the board tiles eventually.
also, it doesnt yet have the tough target choice ie toxics which damage when killed or berserk which must be killed in melee, combined they put you in a painful spot.

i hope they will add army/police/gangs to modern zombicide and a progressive campaign system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Keller
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:

don't get me wrong,BP is a good game and has a couple of tweaks to make it "slightly different" from this one..but theme wise it just doesn't cut it... whereas this one you have so much variety of missions because of the setting.
I'm seriously thinking of putting my BP and abomination bosses addon up for trade.as I don't really play it.

You're not alone. I vastly prefer the modern setting to the medieval setting. As soon as I saw the theme I knew it was something I didn't need to have. Plus, I don't have much of an issue with the original rules as some people do. So the rules changes weren't really an enticement either. I'm happy with my Season 1-3 stuff and am quite content to see BP go down its own path.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:

I haven't played Black Plague, but I couldn't even get warm on the Zombivor concept. So I prefer, vanilla, vanilla Zombicide.

Zombivors.. what were they thinking..??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Minedog3 wrote:

Exactly.

Give me plain, modern ZC. Glam it up with dogs n crows, big bosses, and shiny weapons. Town, Prison, Mall, Hospital all good. I draw a line at Zombivors. Actually, I'm only even lukewarm on abominations but appreciate their game play challenge as a game concept.

Just not interested in BP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew CARLESS
Italy
Inveruno
MILANO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shelter wrote:
Minedog3 wrote:

Exactly.

Give me plain, modern ZC. Glam it up with dogs n crows, big bosses, and shiny weapons. Town, Prison, Mall, Hospital all good. I draw a line at Zombivors. Just not interested in BP.

This... gime me Romero any time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tourach's Doorbell
msg tools
One of us! I prefer modern as well. There are plenty of great custom tiles to keep it fresh and the zombie types are great. The rules have certainly improved over time, but any that are annoying can easily be changed.

I would like some large bosses for the modern set. The BP bosses are great, and one thing I hope to see in the next Kickstarter that I assume is coming at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bos
Canada
flag msg tools
I like both and have played both.. just depends what mood I am in or what others what to play.

And definitely... NO Zombivores!!! (They wont be hitting the table...ever!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Willo
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
RedShirtRob wrote:
I like both and have played both.. just depends what mood I am in or what others what to play.

And definitely... NO Zombivores!!! (They wont be hitting the table...ever!)

Zombivores could make a good modern version of the Deadeye Walkers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristijan Petrovski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love both... I get the hankering for a specific version... Vanilla is more "dangerous" I feel like I have to keep survivors from getting in contact with zombies. While BP the survivors feel more heroic, which has us playing a totally different way.

As for the Zombivours... I hate resurrection mode, because it takes away from that survival horror feeling of vanilla. But what I do love about them is the lost zombivours from season 3. We varied the rule a little bit, giving the zombivour a weapon from the deck when it is spawned instead of drawing it after its killed. It can attack with the weapon if there is a survivor in range. We love this version and I consider having zombie versions of all the characters a big PLUS vanilla has over BP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Seattle
WASHINGTON
flag msg tools
mb
I have posted about this before but I agree with op.

Modern feels more like surviving the apocalypse which I prefer. BP feels more like questing where the enemy so happens to be zombies.

Both great themes but when I want to play a zombie survival game Modern Zombicide accomplishes that better for me.

I have not ported any of the rules over to modern from bp because I also did not have any issues with the original ruleset.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Fischer
United States
Onalaska
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I have over 1k into Zombicide. I don't really get into the fantasy theme of BP. I have pretty much 90% of modern zcide.

I mixed all of the S1 and S2 cards together but still play S3 separate. At some point I will probably toss them all in the pot together.

As far as spawns I keep S1 and S2 as they were. Has anyone played the old scenarios with the random S3 spawns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sacha cauvin
France
rouen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like zombicide better, but play BP with The kids, they love it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
west yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes finally decided to put the game and addons for it. up for trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.