$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 131.52

7,724 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
48.7% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Horror/Hallowe'en games without zombies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Pugh
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I'm kinda burned out with zombie games - and I already have my bases covered with Dead of Winter - but I'm looking for some other fun games to play this month that will get me in the Hallowe'en spirit.

I will check out all recommendations and very much appreciate them! Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
2.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Hart
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
DickHams wrote:
I'm kinda burned out with zombie games - and I already have my bases covered with Dead of Winter - but I'm looking for some other fun games to play this month that will get me in the Hallowe'en spirit.

I will check out all recommendations and very much appreciate them! Thanks!


...How do you feel about Lovecraft? IE, the Cthulthu mythos? That's the key to the proper answer to this question. Because Elder Sign, Arkham Horror, and (my favorite) Eldritch Horror are all very good and different degrees of involved.

If you're interested in ghosts, Ghost Stories is very good but very difficult, and I've heard good things about Mysterium but I've never played it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Betrayal at House on the Hill
Werewolf
Catacombs (third edition)
King of Tokyo: Halloween - the expansion to King of Tokyo

Just a few that come to mind that have not yet been mentioned.

Some Youtube videos with some ideas as well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zM1ux81XnM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RVqqX9AuM0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbijB1P7AUI

Edit - Added a few titles and videos to the list.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Ghost Fightin' Treasure Hunters.
Nuff said.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Banner
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mythos Tales

The Draugr

Oh, and 2 GG for asking for something that doesn't involve zombies.

Hope these are helpful.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't Draugrs the equivalent of zombies in Nordic mythology?

coil23 wrote:
Mythos Tales

The Draugr

Oh, and 2 GG for asking for something that doesn't involve zombies.

Hope these are helpful.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Crompton
United Kingdom
St Helens
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
T.I.M.E Stories base set has a nice, creepy cthulhuesque scenario set in a 1920's Paris asylum
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Banner
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know but I will take your word for it. I was referring to the game and not mythology. And the art in the game does nothing to evoke zombies for me. Plus I see the undead pantheon as rather broad and going far beyond simply zombies. Just one perspective.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Adkins
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fearsome Floors always struck me as a good option for this sort of request.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True. Draugr are not your typical Americanized zombies that you would fight off with a shotgun. LOL!

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Banner
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have me curious now and I am forced to research this. I blame you.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty surprised that I'm the first one to suggest Fury of Dracula (third edition).

In that same vein, Letters from Whitechapel might work as a Halloween game as well.

Additionally, A Touch of Evil: The Supernatural Game might be a good one to look at.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Betrayal at House on the Hill is the quintessential halloween game!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Ackerman
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Game of Life: Haunted Mansion Edition

Just kidding, it's terrible.

Yes, I own it soblue
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
John Grills wrote:
Bone Head The spooky little card game

I've seen you recommend this to a couple different people now. As a common courtesy, you should at least disclose you are the designer.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen 3h
Netherlands
Zwolle
flag msg tools
Raubythyme wrote:
DickHams wrote:
I'm kinda burned out with zombie games - and I already have my bases covered with Dead of Winter - but I'm looking for some other fun games to play this month that will get me in the Hallowe'en spirit.

I will check out all recommendations and very much appreciate them! Thanks!


...How do you feel about Lovecraft? IE, the Cthulthu mythos? That's the key to the proper answer to this question. Because Elder Sign, Arkham Horror, and (my favorite) Eldritch Horror are all very good and different degrees of involved.


+1 for Eldritch Horror
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.