7,836 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
49.4% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game – Conflict at the Carrock» Forums » General

Subject: mirkwood opinion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
juan b
msg tools
i buy the mirkwood cycle but i found it very boring some mission to easy and other to difficult .....this is just me ?... the game get better in other cycles ....or i am playing wrong? thank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. D
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not too sure what you found boring, so difficult to respond. (Except Hills of Emyn Muil - that was a boring quest - my personal least favorite of all of them)

I think that the Mirkwood cycle was decent (except Hills). They had a good variety of playstyles and different strategies required. I also think the cycles have continued to improve in pretty much every regard.

That said, there is a wide variety of difficulty in missions in each cycle. Each cycle has at least 1 easy quest and at least 1 that is quite difficult. I think this variety is a good thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic B
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nowadays the Mirkwood cycle has an almost nostalgic feeling for me. I didn't find it ever boring when i first played it. But compared to the newer cycles you definitely feel that those were the early days and the game just started and the quests improved in story and mechanics a lot later.

I still think that the mirkwood cycle is fun and a very good entry point into the game. I recently bought some of the nightmare decks and am looking forward to revisit mirkwood with spiced up quests.

I don't think you play it wrong. Perhaps the cycle is just not your taste.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.